Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

On his way to Calgary next week!!!

On his way to Calgary next week!!!

Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold
Default On his way to Calgary next week!!!

From formal job offer on 28/8/08 to receiving the LMO yesterday 24/9/08!!!
The company took care of everything and how fast is that!! My husband starts his new job on the 6th Oct and is leaving here (Lincs) next week. We are both in a bit of a state of shock to say the least. The downside is I will be staying here until the house sells, which unfortunately could be years at this rate. I really wanted to be there to start the adventure with him but that is not to be it seems. Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed that someone comes along and falls in love with our house, just like we did!

This forum has been extremely helpful and people like Eamonn invaluable. I don't know what we would have done without it. Many thanks to you all!

Pam
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On his way to Calgary next week!!!

Originally Posted by 1chumly
The company took care of everything and how fast is that!! My husband starts his new job on the 6th Oct and is leaving here (Lincs) next week. We are both in a bit of a state of shock to say the least. The downside is I will be staying here until the house sells, which unfortunately could be years at this rate. I really wanted to be there to start the adventure with him but that is not to be it seems. Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed that someone comes along and falls in love with our house, just like we did!

This forum has been extremely helpful and people like Eamonn invaluable. I don't know what we would have done without it. Many thanks to you all!

Pam
Fantastic, how quick was that
Tell him to wear blinkers so that he doesn't see anything until you are there wish you the best with selling the house
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 1chumly

Pam

Good luck to you both...It must be difficult having to be apart and not share those initial experiences together...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you getting your house sold quickly..
All the best
Tim
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and good luck in getting out here quickly.

MrsDV
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:21 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on your OH getting the job, just a shame you have to wait and sell up hope a buyer comes along soon and you can join your OH good luck
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for all the good wishes. Will let you know how he gets on.....
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:22 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Good luck to you both...It must be difficult having to be apart and not share those initial experiences together...
Conratulations!

I was less than 8 weeks behind the rest of my family, for the same reason. I actually lost patience and came out before the house had completed, but we were lucky.

Even after that relatively short time, I felt it took ages for me to "catch up", as they had already settled into a routine and everything for me was new and scary! ....I guess it didn't take too long though really, but it felt like it at the time!