Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Heritage Pointe Calgary

Heritage Pointe Calgary

Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice
Default Re: Heritage Pointe Calgary

yeah i have hunting dogs and alot of people do....but most people do not hunt them nor own an acerage. My dogs will and are well excersiced and have lived most of their lives (apart from a year and a half) in a normal community.As long as they have a big yard and are near an off leash area to run,they need not go hunting for porcupines ever again. My experiance with acerages and dogs has not been good in the past year,so i will be glad to get back to nice community living.

but thanks for your view any how
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
yeah i have hunting dogs and alot of people do....but most people do not hunt them nor own an acerage. My dogs will and are well excersiced and have lived most of their lives (apart from a year and a half) in a normal community.As long as they have a big yard and are near an off leash area to run,they need not go hunting for porcupines ever again. My experiance with acerages and dogs has not been good in the past year,so i will be glad to get back to nice community living.

but thanks for your view any how
Not to cause a big rumpus, but it does seem a shame for the dogs. What breed are they?
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

No its not a shame for the dogs at all !
I own wiemaraners and have friends with the smallest of yards that own them too.They are very expensive dogs and are very much loved by their owners,who do their best to protect them. We all go to dog shows and know a great deal about the breed. They adapt to however they are raised much like children.It is in their instincts to hunt,but if you keep them active and amused,they are not going to miss looking for a few porcupines ,that could seriously harm them or blind them.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:18 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
No its not a shame for the dogs at all !
I own wiemaraners and have friends with the smallest of yards that own them too.They are very expensive dogs and are very much loved by their owners,who do their best to protect them. We all go to dog shows and know a great deal about the breed. They adapt to however they are raised much like children.It is in their instincts to hunt,but if you keep them active and amused,they are not going to miss looking for a few porcupines ,that could seriously harm them or blind them.
OK, I don't have experience of very expensive dogs.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah i think Heritage pointe is the place for us.Some houses have bigger lots than some of the others,but all in all they have decent sized yards.The houses are beautiful and it seems a very nice community feel. We will go there at the weekend and check it out one more time before we put our house on the market.But cannot wait to meet some new people and join the Brits meet up club.Yeah!