Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Help for radiographers sitting the CAMRT exam.

Help for radiographers sitting the CAMRT exam.

Old Oct 20th 2008, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

happyguy171 is a jewel in the roughhappyguy171 is a jewel in the roughhappyguy171 is a jewel in the roughhappyguy171 is a jewel in the rough
Default Help for radiographers sitting the CAMRT exam.

Hi guys,

I am looking for information on the CAMRT exam that international radiographers have to sit to work here. I arrived in Hamilton 12 weeks ago and I am loving being here but am anxious to get into radiography and wondered was there anyone on here with experience of writing the CAMRT exam.

happyguy
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help for radiographers sitting the CAMRT exam.

The CAMRT exam is for all xray techs not just internationally trained ones.

I seem to recall giving you advice on this subject before. Did CMRTO agree you had enough practical hours for you to challenge the CAMRT exam?

CMRTO gives advice when they approve your application for registration and hence eligibility to sit the exam.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

taurus2602 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi

hey i jus wanted to know where i can find the study material related to radiology for the camrt exams.i really need help with this cos all the site suggestes is that there are 25-30 books for referencing.i wanted to know if there's an easier way to go about this.like if there is a set of model question books and where i can find them.....pls help me....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi

Originally Posted by taurus2602
hey i jus wanted to know where i can find the study material related to radiology for the camrt exams.i really need help with this cos all the site suggestes is that there are 25-30 books for referencing.i wanted to know if there's an easier way to go about this.like if there is a set of model question books and where i can find them.....pls help me....
I presume you mean radiography not radiology. I used 2 books, the Canadian/American positioning book, and the physics and equipment book. Sorry I can't remember their names. I revised anatomy and physiology by reading the summaries of each chapter. A lot of the questions were "old fashioned" ie for exams and procedures no longer carried out in the UK, and there were several inverse square law and exposure factors questions.

I believe there are study books for the US certification exams, they would probably do the trick. If you are in Ontario you can study at Michener.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

happyguy171 is a jewel in the roughhappyguy171 is a jewel in the roughhappyguy171 is a jewel in the roughhappyguy171 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help for radiographers sitting the CAMRT exam.

Listen what you need to do is to divide the books up into their categories such as radiation protection and patient care. There are five categories. Get more book for the bigger weighted areas and I suggest you get a Q&A sample book and a revision book. I did and the study is going well for the may exam! Good luck.