Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Help please. Advice needed after interview.

Wikiposts

Help please. Advice needed after interview.

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:54 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please. Advice needed after interview.

Congratulations!

Looking forward to hearing all about it once you've got your feet under the table!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:00 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rgilbert
They phoned and offered me the job this morning. I decided to wait until later this afternoon to call them but they beat me to it. I'm really pleased and will be celebrating tonight .
Excellent. Congratulations!

Now, dont get carried away and forget to negotiate for salary and vacation.

There might be some room for manouver on there part, dont assume what they offer is the best they can do, but be realistic of course.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:09 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

I would second what Iain said. One municipality offered me 10 days vacation and I said I wouldn't do it for less than 15 and they upped it without batting an eyelid.

(perhaps I should have asked for 20!!!)
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:11 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Great news rachael, congratulations and well done!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

hey!!

Congratulations, I am delighted for you.

Enjoy your celebrations and your new role in a new country!

Kx
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!!

FWIW - I sent thank you emails to those I met on my Recce trip who had agreed to meet me and discuss employment oppotunities with.

Ended up, that neither helped me when I got here however, but who knows when I may need them again.

As a recruiter in an agency, I got my first card the other day, for finding someone work! I thought that was sweet, but I did get alot of cards and pressies from my candidates in the UK too.

Bx
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rgilbert
They phoned and offered me the job this morning. I decided to wait until later this afternoon to call them but they beat me to it. I'm really pleased and will be celebrating tonight .
Fab news Coingratulations,

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
I would second what Iain said. One municipality offered me 10 days vacation and I said I wouldn't do it for less than 15 and they upped it without batting an eyelid.

(perhaps I should have asked for 20!!!)

Originally Posted by bandit
Congrats!!!

FWIW - I sent thank you emails to those I met on my Recce trip who had agreed to meet me and discuss employment oppotunities with.

Ended up, that neither helped me when I got here however, but who knows when I may need them again.

As a recruiter in an agency, I got my first card the other day, for finding someone work! I thought that was sweet, but I did get alot of cards and pressies from my candidates in the UK too.

Bx
oow pressies as well, hope there the edible chocolate kind

sue x