HELP

Old Aug 30th 2009, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

alwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP

WE HAVE NOW BEEN IN CANADA FOR A MONTH NOW ! IN THAT TIME ITS BEEN HARD THE HOUSE WE ARE RENTING WAS A MESS STILL NOT GREAT {IE KITCHEN} CANT GET CREDIT TO BUY A CAR HAD TO BUY A BANGER! WE BOTH HAVE JOBS NOW BUT WAGES ARE RUBBISH! THE SCHOOLS OUR KIDS WERE GOING TO ARE OUT OFF AREA AND NOW THEY HAVE TO GO TO A SCHOOL THAT LOOKS AS IF ITS FALLEN FROM THE SKY! MONEY TIGHT! AND NOW WE HAVE BEEN TOLD OUR CONTAINER HASNT BEEN SHIPPED YET!

THINKING ABOUT GOING HOME SHOULD WE GO BACK ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
Old Aug 30th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP

Originally Posted by alwar
WE HAVE NOW BEEN IN CANADA FOR A MONTH NOW ! IN THAT TIME ITS BEEN HARD THE HOUSE WE ARE RENTING WAS A MESS STILL NOT GREAT {IE KITCHEN} CANT GET CREDIT TO BUY A CAR HAD TO BUY A BANGER! WE BOTH HAVE JOBS NOW BUT WAGES ARE RUBBISH! THE SCHOOLS OUR KIDS WERE GOING TO ARE OUT OFF AREA AND NOW THEY HAVE TO GO TO A SCHOOL THAT LOOKS AS IF ITS FALLEN FROM THE SKY! MONEY TIGHT! AND NOW WE HAVE BEEN TOLD OUR CONTAINER HASNT BEEN SHIPPED YET!

THINKING ABOUT GOING HOME SHOULD WE GO BACK ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
Dont worry things will work out - you have only been here a month and no way would I go back after that short time.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:03 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Your only just finding your feet after a month. I think our container got delayed a little.

Where abouts are you in Canada?

It's not easy for anyone moving to another country and you need time to adapt to the new changes in your life.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Your only just finding your feet after a month. I think our container got delayed a little.

Where abouts are you in Canada?

It's not easy for anyone moving to another country and you need time to adapt to the new changes in your life.
HI WE ARE IN OAKVILLE ONTARIO
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:48 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

HI WE ARE IN OAKVILLE ONTARIO

WHY DO YOU NEED TO SHOUT ? We can hear you.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
WHY DO YOU NEED TO SHOUT ? We can hear you.
YOU ARE A GRT HELP
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

No offense, but it sounds to me like your research was lacking a bit - did you find out what typical wages were before you left? Did you find out what the local schools were? etc etc etc.

Turn you caps lock off.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:21 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

First off, a month isn't very long. You're still trying to get settled and your stuff isn't there yet. It's too soon to call it quits without regretting it later.

Second, when you type in all capital letters on the internet it's considered to be shouting (according to the internet etiquette). So the previous poster was just trying to be helpful, not rude to you. If you ype normally people will stop commenting about you shouting.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:29 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Netiquette dictates that all caps is tantamount to shouting and it often puts people off.

I doubt there is one person on here that had an easy ride of it. A month is shorter than some peoples vacation. It takes time to sort things out, immigration is tough, it does eventually get easier, until it is the norm, but we're talking years here not weeks or months.

If you are not happy with the house, try looking for somewhere else. Renting does give you the opportunity to move around until you find what you like. My first job was not what I would have ideally liked and was way down in seniority to what I was used to.

Only you can decide if you should quit and go back to to where you came from. What is home, where your immediate family is or where you came from? Making that decision can often help. As soon as we got out of the hotel and into a rental, Canada was home, Britain is where we came from and was in the past.

After a few years of ups and downs, we're very glad we made the decision to come and to stay.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

If you've only been there for a month, how have your kids gone to ANY school? It's been summer vacation!! You also said in another post today that your kids are going to White Oaks and it is supposed to be a great school.

What industry do you work in that you are finding the wages so low? I can only speak from my own experience, but I'm earning more than double what I did in the UK, and my husband is earning more too.

Oakville is an extremely expensive town to live in. If you didn't manage to sell your house before you left and resorted to renting it, but you needed that money as start up, why did you move over so quickly, and why to somewhere so expensive right off the bat?

It sounds like you rushed into things, which is inevitably going to cause you serious pain in the short term. The question about whether to stick it out is one only you can make.

Last edited by cov-canuck; Aug 30th 2009 at 11:42 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:13 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

I think you need to take a breather and try to calm down a little. Look at the things you have accomplished already! You both have jobs inside of one month? That is phenomenal! Good for you both!

It is seldom that one is lucky enough to land straight into the job one really wants, but the fact that you both found work so early on will make it that much easier for you to get your next (better!) jobs. We have been here for nearly 4 years and I am now on my (pauses to count fingers.....) FIFTH job, and hoping that this is the one I will stick with!

I seem to have read that you are a family of 5, and I see that you are also living in what is considered an expensive area (not that I'd know, I'm in Alberta) but I guess both those factors make good rentals expensive!

I think you have done brilliantly. Forget about "home". Make Canada your new life, and accept that there will be rough patches, but things DO get easier!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:01 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

I would like to offer you some sympathy, however this is BE so I wont...My advice is to stop moaning and get stuck in. Moving down the road is bad enough; so what did expect moving half way round the world.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bodgerx
No offense, but it sounds to me like your research was lacking a bit - did you find out what typical wages were before you left? Did you find out what the local schools were? etc etc etc.

Turn you caps lock off.
No offense, but it sounds to me like your post is unhelpful and smug, serving no useful purpose. etc etc
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:30 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

No offence, but if there was anything in the rules about posts actually serving a useful purpose then there would be next to nothing left here

Now, play nice, all of you!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 12:39 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Look what you all did - the poster has flounced!!! Bad peeps!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.