Having a lovely trip

Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:31 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all
Default Having a lovely trip

Hi

Just a quick hello to say what a fantastic time we are having in Calgary. firstly have to say the extreme cold is an experience , the temp at this moment in time is showing as - 30, and the overnight temp was showing as - 48 at one point. I have never felt cold like it - eye lashes frozen and eyebrows that Santa would be proud of .

Gerry has been doing his testing and so far so good, so keeping everything crossed.

We are staying at a lovely B & B, the LRT ( train ) is just about 10 mins steady walk away, and that takes us straight into the city. We have been to a few places, the view from Calgary Tower is fantastic and we are off to a Hockey game tonight.

We went on a tour ( our B & B owners gave us the name of a friend of theirs ) to Banff and also Lake Louise and can now say i/we have seen the most amazing views that our eyes have ever seen. The lake was full of fog when we arrived but after about 30 mins it cleared a bit and was like a scene from a fairytale. Dave, the tour man took us through tree lined tracks and showed us Hoodoos - they are rock formations carved over the years from wind etc and the Native Indians thought they were evil. The views are just out of this world and we saw deer and also something else ( not sure what it was as just a glimpse of its bum!! ). We went to see the Banff hot springs, the smell was of strong sulpher but again the views were amazing.

We have also looked at property, just to get an idea of what you get for your money - and its a lot. The houses are mostly all detatched, and have huge family rooms, and the new houses we have looked at have very large fridges with all of the usuall white goods included. We have looked at a few areas and they are mostly clean, tidy and very friendly.

The food we have had in of good/high standard and the folk in the shops are friendly - not pushy but genuine, makes a nice change from the uk.

Right then, will sign off now, if anybody wants the B & B details or the details of the tour then let us know - both are very highly reccomended.

Bye for now

Dawn and Gerry
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:16 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Having a lovely trip

Glad to hear it is all going well despite the coolish weather.

We'll be at the game tonight, should be a good one.

Cheers
Steve
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to know your having a good time and the testing is going well. How did you get on meeting Helen?

Sharon
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Nice to know your having a good time and the testing is going well. How did you get on meeting Helen?

Sharon
Please no, not a reference to Mrs Willy

I remember that day well, I remember the day I told her to get lost even more

If it is not her, apologies for the hijack

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Jan 29th 2008 at 5:27 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of

Hey yakky da!! Glad you are having fun, if you have the time I highly reccomend a trip to Fish Creek Park in Calgary.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Please no, not a reference to Mrs Willy

I remember that day well, I remember the day I told her to get lost even more

If it is not her, apologies for the hijack
Mrs Willy, I'm lost

If I google that am I going to get some weird sex stuff
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Mrs Willy, I'm lost

If I google that am I going to get some weird sex stuff
Sorry - it was obviously not a reference to her.

She is a realtor/relocator that, for some reason, lots of Brits come into contact with. I will leave it there.

Apologies for the hijack
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:36 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your having a fab time!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Sorry - it was obviously not a reference to her.

She is a realtor/relocator that, for some reason, lots of Brits come into contact with. I will leave it there.

Apologies for the hijack
karma for the chuckle
This Helen works at Calgary Health. Sorry for hijak Dawn

Last edited by boxerdog03; Jan 29th 2008 at 5:39 pm. Reason: karma
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:31 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Hello again to all of you.

We went to the game last night, it was great fun and will be making sure we go to more when we live here.

Gerry is on his final test today, so we can than have 2 days of no testing prior to going back to the UK.

Have looked at some lovley houses, met some fantastic people and all in all had a fab time.

Cheers

Dawn and Gerry
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Glad to hear you're having a great time & finding out lots of things & information

The mountains are beautiful - I especially love Lake Louise as we got engaged there

Enjoy the rest of your trip,

Arris

Last edited by Arris; Jan 30th 2008 at 2:13 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:34 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you're having a good time, Dawn and Gerry.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dawn and Gerry,

Sounds like you two are getting along fine - didn't I tell you it would be all you dreamed of. So are you back in old Blighty now then?

BTW - Dawn and I were on the same flight and we were in different seats thanks to Zoom double bookingand Dawn and I were both going round the plane asking people if they were on BE - people must have thought we were mad!! Well she found me in the end and we had a good laugh - btw Dawn the dogs made it too
Catch up soon I'm sure.

Alison.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

glad to hear that ur both having a good time, isnt it amazin when u start laughing about that ist sooo cold that ur nose has froze and then ur teeth freeze, happened to me at Niagara ! hope the tests are not too bad for Gerry, absorb every min while ur there it will keep u going till your there permanent!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:35 am
Painting r own Rainbow

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Hi Dawn and Gerry,

Sounds like you two are getting along fine - didn't I tell you it would be all you dreamed of. So are you back in old Blighty now then?

BTW - Dawn and I were on the same flight and we were in different seats thanks to Zoom double bookingand Dawn and I were both going round the plane asking people if they were on BE - people must have thought we were mad!! Well she found me in the end and we had a good laugh - btw Dawn the dogs made it too
Catch up soon I'm sure.

Alison.
Hi Alison

Great to hear from you. We got back at 0700 hrs this morning + we had an extra 24 hours in Calgary as our flight was cancelled.

Hope you are both enjoying yr new life in Sk, and hope the dogs like it as well.

Keep in touch and let us know how life is.

Dawn & Gerry x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.