Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Has anyone noticed how

Has anyone noticed how

Old Nov 19th 2015, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone noticed how

"Yeah i should" or "yeah sounds possible" is definitely a sign that said person has about a 90% chance of letting you down.

ugh.

Originally Posted by vanity
Canadians will often say yes, agree, say the right thing in your face, but have no problems with:

1. Not responding after that
2. Not following through
3. Not meaning what they said
4. Back to 2
5. Breaking promises is the norm, but being polite to your face is soo important

Just wondering if I am imagining it

Old Nov 19th 2015, 6:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

This is my single biggest gripe with the cradles. Say what you mean and mean what you say!!
Old Nov 19th 2015, 6:39 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
This is my single biggest gripe with the cradles. Say what you mean and mean what you say!!
You'd have got on with my wife. Or maybe you'd have been insulted

She always talked about not sugar coating things but there's a a middle ground to be used rather than "tastes like dog's vomit" - that's the cleaned up version.

Eventually she did graduate to "not my cup of tea," but you knew what she really meant.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Originally Posted by BristolUK
You'd have got on with my wife. Or maybe you'd have been insulted

She always talked about not sugar coating things but there's a a middle ground to be used rather than "tastes like dog's vomit" - that's the cleaned up version.

Eventually she did graduate to "not my cup of tea," but you knew what she really meant.
Unlikely that I would be insulted. I find it much easier to deal with people that are straight forward. You dont have to like it but at least you know where you stand.

It took me a while to adjust to some of the sensitive lovies here On a good day I will tone it down a bit.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 9:49 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Canadians will often say yes, agree, say the right thing in your face, but have no problems with:

2. Not following through
4. Back to 2
5. Breaking promises is the norm, but being polite to your face is soo important
I agree, that's about right that Canadians in general are two faced twots
Old Nov 21st 2015, 7:13 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

2. Not following through
4. Back to 2

Just wondering if I am imagining it

Kiwis are the same. Although the common factor may be that you are British.