Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else noticed...

Has anyone else noticed...

Old May 11th 2007, 5:51 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone else noticed...

that it doesn't matter where you park you car in any given parking lot, some berk will always park right next to you!

Whenever I use a parking lot, I tend to make sure I park my truck on its own, preferably not near any other vehicle or lone shopping cart - it always amazes me that upon return to said truck, there will, 99% of the time, be someone parked right next to me.

I am not one to be vying for a space close to the door, in fact because of my parking quirk, I tend to end up in the spot furthest from the entrance.

I never noticed this sheep like behaviour in the UK - what's going on???????
Old May 11th 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone else noticed...

Originally Posted by louise033
that it doesn't matter where you park you car in any given parking lot, some berk will always park right next to you!

Whenever I use a parking lot, I tend to make sure I park my truck on its own, preferably not near any other vehicle or lone shopping cart - it always amazes me that upon return to said truck, there will, 99% of the time, be someone parked right next to me.

I am not one to be vying for a space close to the door, in fact because of my parking quirk, I tend to end up in the spot furthest from the entrance.

Some trucks in Canada are fitted with 'parking magnets'. These are gadgets which are inbedded into the doors to make vehicles park close to each other so making parking lots look tidier. You obviously have such a gadget.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:00 pm

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Some trucks in Canada are fitted with 'parking magnets'. These are gadgets which are inbedded into the doors to make vehicles park close to each other so making parking lots look tidier. You obviously have such a gadget.
I parked in superstore this morning - its a brand new store, enormous parking lot, I parked out of the way and there must have been a good 25 vacant spaces either side of my truck, when I returned some git had parked rght next to me!
Old May 11th 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

I parked in superstore this morning - its a brand new store, enormous parking lot, I parked out of the way and there must have been a good 25 vacant spaces either side of my truck, when I returned some git had parked rght next to me!
Another theory I have is that the other person saw you park and took a fancy to you. When you were out of site he/she parked next to your truck in the hope that when you went back to it he/she would be there to chat you up.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:24 pm

Another theory I have is that the other person saw you park and took a fancy to you. When you were out of site he/she parked next to your truck in the hope that when you went back to it he/she would be there to chat you up.
That must definitely be what's going on - maybe they took a shine to me because I was the only person out and about this morning who wasn't wearing socks with my sandals!
Old May 11th 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

That must definitely be what's going on - maybe they took a shine to me because I was the only person out and about this morning who wasn't wearing socks with my sandals!
You wear sandals? In Calgary? And you don't get arrested?
Old May 11th 2007, 7:40 pm

You wear sandals? In Calgary? And you don't get arrested?
As long as they are ostrich sandals with a cuban heel and spurs, you can usually get away with it
Old May 11th 2007, 8:06 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

How long have you been living in Canada for? Couldn't help but smile at 'parking lot' and 'shopping cart' as opposed to Car Park and supermarket trolley
Made me chuckle, don't take offence
Old May 11th 2007, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Danny B
How long have you been living in Canada for? Couldn't help but smile at 'parking lot' and 'shopping cart' as opposed to Car Park and supermarket trolley
30months so far! Its surprising how quickly canadianisms take a hold!
Old May 11th 2007, 8:32 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

You know 'eh
Old May 11th 2007, 8:42 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'm catching the lingo too, then - because I read straight past parking lot and shopping cart and didn't bat an eyelid!
Old May 11th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
When you call it a trolley people laugh...... well they have laughed at me either that or you get called cute
Old May 11th 2007, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by smelly
When you call it a trolley people laugh...... well they have laughed at me either that or you get called cute
We never got called 'cute' for saying trolley, most people either laughed out loud or pretended that they didn't understand what we were saying!
Old May 11th 2007, 8:48 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I guess I'm catching the lingo too, then - because I read straight past parking lot and shopping cart and didn't bat an eyelid!

Me too!
Old May 11th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

The problem is obvious, your poor wee truck is getting lonely, and thinks you dont love him the way you dont let him rest next to his friends, so as soon as you leave he invites some buddies over to join him. Simple.

Doh, no, now they know the real me, they will never let me in.....

Running off... must take tablets... must drink more...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.