Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

A guide for settling in Canada - for Royals

A guide for settling in Canada - for Royals

Old Jan 13th 2020, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A guide for settling in Canada - for Royals

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Hey, you've basically got lots of my playlist there. Van, Leonard Cohen, Dylan, Pogues, Roxy Music, Japan, The Jam, Neil Young, XTC, and a dash of Pink Floyd.
I like Roxy music and The Jam and a dash of Pink Floyd..... no Canadian content there though...
Old Jan 13th 2020, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

If it is only Tim's that you have consumed since being here, that doesn't count as coffee
A lot say that....but a lot enjoy it....your not a Starbucksian are you? lol.. were trying to keep the Canadian part of this thread going!
Old Jan 13th 2020, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I like Roxy music and The Jam and a dash of Pink Floyd..... no Canadian content there though...
Well last time I checked Laughin' Lenny and Neil Young are/were Canajun. Joni Mitchell is another one who I like who is Canadian.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
A lot say that....but a lot enjoy it....your not a Starbucksian are you? lol.. were trying to keep the Canadian part of this thread going!
Nope more of a Bridgehead espresso drinker.

https://www.bridgehead.ca/

Good coffee but very earnest company. Recently bought out by 2nd Cup. If you want to spend time there you'll need a MacBook and a pair of Blundstone's on.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nope more of a Bridgehead espresso drinker.

https://www.bridgehead.ca/

Good coffee but very earnest company. Recently bought out by 2nd Cup. If you want to spend time there you'll need a MacBook and a pair of Blundstone's on.

Sounds like your a coffee connoisseur..... sounds as though that place make nice coffee, but they're a down town only company by the look of it..... to be honest with the horrible stuff I drink a work Tims is certainly a notch up! Oh and I hate apple products.... had some Blundstones in the past though.

Old Jan 14th 2020, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well last time I checked Laughin' Lenny and Neil Young are/were Canajun. Joni Mitchell is another one who I like who is Canadian.
Oh yes they are Canadian, but the others I listed were Brits... thats the artists form your list I liked!
Old Jan 14th 2020, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I've heard of Tea Party, they were a U2 knock off. The wife beating one used to live down my street. Also Rush, one hesitates to celebrate a death but the end of production of their songs is welcome.
Got to take issue with the U2 analagy....I found Tea party pretty unique..just an opinion.
As for Rush, have been a Prog enthusiast since the early 70's and in the late 70's found Rush along with a number of other Prog Rock bands. Will conceed that Geddy Lee's vocals can be irritating at times, but overall a great Prog Band. Horses for courses I suppose.....