Guess that tune...

Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guess that tune...

INXS ?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
INXS ?
No. It's a punk band but this song became very popular for proms, and funerals. Which I don't think was the intention when it was written.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

got the bloody tune in my head now but don't want to cheat with Google - I want to say time of your life but pretty sure that's just the chorus but not song
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

got the bloody tune in my head now but don't want to cheat with Google - I want to say time of your life but pretty sure that's just the chorus but not song
You are correct, original title 'Good Riddance' by Green Day.
Your turn
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
You are correct, original title 'Good Riddance' by Green Day.
Your turn
Ah ! Out of my misery

""I Dream at night , I can only see your face""
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ! Out of my misery

""I Dream at night , I can only see your face""
SOMEBODY answer this one as I'm singing the next couple of lines (in my head) relentlessly, and can't get beyond baby baby please
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:01 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Hint: the ultimate stalker song

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
SOMEBODY answer this one as I'm singing the next couple of lines (in my head) relentlessly, and can't get beyond baby baby please
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:03 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Thanks! I knew I knew it but that next line was the giveaway clue.

The Police - Every Breath You Take
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Thanks! I knew I knew it but that next line was the giveaway clue.

The Police - Every Breath You Take
Correct
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
No. It's a punk band but this song became very popular for proms, and funerals. Which I don't think was the intention when it was written.
'Punk' ?????? I hardly consider Green Day to be 'punk'....to me they are just a chord or two removed from Status Quo.

I see that they are listed as 'punk' by Wikipedia. On that basis the Police are/were a reggae band and Led Zeppelin were also a reggae band based on D'yer Maker.

The song was used in Seinfeld in a retrospective look back at the show...hardly safety pins, dog collars, spikey hair and general anarchy.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:38 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
'Punk' ?????? I hardly consider Green Day to be 'punk'....to me they are just a chord or two removed from Status Quo.

I see that they are listed as 'punk' by Wikipedia. On that basis the Police are/were a reggae band and Led Zeppelin were also a reggae band based on D'yer Maker.

The song was used in Seinfeld in a retrospective look back at the show...hardly safety pins, dog collars, spikey hair and general anarchy.
OK, then, try this one on for size:

Just because you're nobody
Doesn't mean you're no good
Just because there's a reason
Doesn't mean it's understood
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Will leave this one for someone else seeing as they are one of my all time fav bands (assuming you are meaning the punk version and not the ska version )
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:16 am
Magnificently Withering

Will leave this one for someone else seeing as they are one of my all time fav bands (assuming you are meaning the punk version and not the ska version )
yes. I just had to google - wasn't aware of the Specials version, that's not the one I was thinking of!
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

yes. I just had to google - wasn't aware of the Specials version, that's not the one I was thinking of!

bugger - I thought it was the Beat that was the ska version (just also had to google and check they didn't have a version as well )
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 5:33 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

OK, then, try this one on for size:

Just because you're nobody
Doesn't mean you're no good
Just because there's a reason
Doesn't mean it's understood
Wild guess...The Jam?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.