The Grey Cup

Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Grey Cup

Years ago, when we first were in Canada, everyone used to get together for Grey Cup parties, but in the past few years I don't think anyone bothered. But this year because the Riders are playing, everyone has something arranged. You go to the grocery store and it looks like people are stocking up for a seige!

Yesterday someone phoned the radio station and said the Blue Bombers had a poll on their site asking who was going to win the game. I went there and voted and at that time the Rider were well ahead with over 55,000 votes. However, I just went to the site and now the Bombers are ahead and the Riders only have 19,000 votes!!! The same thing happened before the west semi-final - Rider fans went to a similar poll on the BC Lions site and the Riders were leading, when all of a sudden the numbers reversed and the Lions were leading and then they took the poll off the site.

Maybe its the cold weather but Saskatchewan has very fanatical fans!

I just wondered if it was just in Regina or if other people have and are going to get together to watch the game.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:56 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Grey Cup

Not planning on watching the game, but we stuck our heads out the front door last night to see what was going on with it. Bremner Bvld is completely closed off from the CN Tower to the Air Canada Centre and there are live bands and all sorts of other festivities going on. Unfortunately we missed it last night. Aw well.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:44 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

However we did walk down to the outdoor the rink and watched the Zambone (spelling?), go round and round and round
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
However we did walk down to the outdoor the rink and watched the Zambone (spelling?), go round and round and round
The simple things in life eh?
Old Nov 24th 2007, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

How come the Bombers get good when I leave?!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

We've been invited to 2 Grey Cup parties -one in the local leisure centre where the kids can run amock doing various sports activities and use the pool, whilst the grown up watch the proceedings on half a dozen big screens and drink beer. The other is one being run by friends in their house - various hot and cold goodies post and during game followed by mass putting up of Christmas outside decorations and hot chocolate. Unfortunately - we can't go to either! Hubby working all weekend...
Old Nov 24th 2007, 6:05 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
How come the Bombers get good when I leave?!
Did they really get good or are the rest of the eastern teams that bad?

Only joking.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 6:58 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on the Riders
Old Nov 24th 2007, 8:02 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Sorry, I think my Buffalo Bills are playing.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

My son says that the Riders have the advantage because the QB for the Bombers broke his arm in the last game and the backup hasn't played much. Have to see - the Riders have been pretty good this season and my bil who lives in Vancouver watched the last game and he said the Riders deserved to win because they played loads better than the Lions - and that is from a Lions fan!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 11:04 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howard1944
Sorry, I think my Buffalo Bills are playing.
NFL football.

Almost as boring as watching paint dry.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

I guess it's a good job that everybody doesn't like the same sport. I cannot stand hockey. If there was only hockey on the TV I would turn it off.

My son is a big fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He thinks NFL football is the be all and end all. He thinks soccer is boring. I like watching soccer.

So there you go - what one person won't miss - another person won't watch!!!