Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

"Greenest" part of Canada

"Greenest" part of Canada

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: "Greenest" part of Canada

We cant entirely blame governments for their failure to clean up the planet, we are all to blame.

We all demand cheap energy and in order to satisfy our needs we turn a blind eye to how it is provided as long as it is cheap and readily available.

So if you want to find a green place to live stay put and start by cleaning up your own space.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:55 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Agree completely Keith.

Also, my particular bugbear is that nobody in Canada seems to drink water from the tap. Plastic bottle use - for WATER!!! - is one of the biggest environmental sins of the past 10-15 years. And nobody seems to care.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Ireland and the UK are top of the list for bowel gas.
http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...countries.html
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:38 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

BC is always covered in a cloud of smug all year round from what i see. Self polluting hypocrites
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:56 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Agree completely Keith.

Also, my particular bugbear is that nobody in Canada seems to drink water from the tap. Plastic bottle use - for WATER!!! - is one of the biggest environmental sins of the past 10-15 years. And nobody seems to care.
Me too.

I don't understand the phenomenal increase in the consumption of bottled water in the last ten to fifteen years. It just defies logic.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 5:04 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
BC is always covered in a cloud of smug all year round from what i see. Self polluting hypocrites
The whole of BC?

Incidentally, even exploration for oil and gas off the coast of northern BC is forbidden, even though it is a widely held belief there are substantial deposits there.

Big oil is trying to get the moratorium lifted. No luck for them so far.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 5:19 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Me too.

I don't understand the phenomenal increase in the consumption of bottled water in the last ten to fifteen years. It just defies logic.
It's called slick marketing Steve.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JonboyE
The whole of BC?

Incidentally, even exploration for oil and gas off the coast of northern BC is forbidden, even though it is a widely held belief there are substantial deposits there.

Why should BC be any different? It will happen eventually as long as we continue to turn up at the gas pumps.

But then we can always depend on Alberta and the Tar Sands to fill your tank.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:03 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

The whole of BC?

It won't last. The oil will be drilled eventually.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:34 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

The whole of BC?
From what i've seen, the smug cloud covers the entire province, with extra thickness over VI.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 7:01 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

From what i've seen, the smug cloud covers the entire province, with extra thickness over VI.
Next time I will try and read what you wrote, not what I thought you wrote.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 7:11 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair some of that is left over from when U2 played Vancouver.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 8:01 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I thought that was Moncton.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:18 am
Beep

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Boner tends to leave his mark wherever he goes, so i read once.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:40 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

a poignant moment from their recent concert in Edmonton.

Bono, quietens the crowd, and then slowly and rythmically starts clapping.
about 30 seconds later, still clapping, he says "every time I clap my hands, a child in the third world dies"

Voice from the back

"Well stop f****g clapping then"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.