Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Grand National - tomorrow @ 4.15

Grand National - tomorrow @ 4.15

Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grand National - tomorrow @ 4.15

Hey

I'm horsey - and just wondered if any of you guys had an interest in the race tomorrow.

Frankly, it's the most un racey race, in as much as it's 99% luck really.

Anyway - watching BBC 2 preview now, and wondered if anyone else is keen to watch the race tomorrow.

May put a few quid on tomorrow, only won once on the National, but I've been having really bad luck really with putting my cat down yesterday that I'm hoping for some good luck soon

B
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:18 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grand National - tomorrow @ 4.15

I can't watch that race as it upsets me when they fall and the horses get put to sleep.

Hope you win if you decide to have a flutter though
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hun

Sadly it's not the only place horses fall and die. I've known a fair few have heart attacks at home and collapse there, or breaking legs in the field (happened to my mates pony only last week .

I don't want to sound cruel, but I guess as the most public race, most people associate falls and horses dying with the National. It isn't the only one.

Anyway - I will let you know if I win millions Or maybe I won't... I don't want to have too many asking for a loan!!!

Bx
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:32 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandit
Oh hun

Sadly it's not the only place horses fall and die. I've known a fair few have heart attacks at home and collapse there, or breaking legs in the field (happened to my mates pony only last week .

I don't want to sound cruel, but I guess as the most public race, most people associate falls and horses dying with the National. It isn't the only one.

Anyway - I will let you know if I win millions Or maybe I won't... I don't want to have too many asking for a loan!!!

Bx

I hear you B and absolutely agree - however thats just a personal thing with me and the National!

Now regarding this million pound win, how good-a-friends would you say we were exactly....
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well - I don't know....

We've never met....

You live in / on the 'Prairies'!!...............

Have an odd sense of humour, I just don't get

I'd say that makes us the best of friends.....

I'll let you know if that million pound ticket is mine!!!

Bx