Wikiposts

graduation photos

Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default graduation photos

Would you pay $140 or whatever for a formal piccie???

I was thinking no. I hate having my photo taken, am not very photogenic at the best of times, let alone a few weeks before the end of the last semester when I am stressed out, spotty chin, black bags and no happy sparkly smile.

My college friends are telling me I will regret it if I don't but I'm thinking theres a better chance of a good photo on graduation day, when I have a reason to celebrate. Rather than a 10 minute appt with a production line photographer sometime before the end of term.

Also, do they do the cap and gown at the ceremony or just the cap? Actually I am suprised that theres a cap and gown at all considering its a diploma not a degree. But as usual I am rambling on and on.

Does anyone know? done it? been there got the pictures?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:41 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: graduation photos

Awwww i`d have one done DB, you`d look super cool in your get up and its a really nice keepsake
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Awwww i`d have one done DB, you`d look super cool in your get up and its a really nice keepsake
We are talking of almost a couple of days work for MOH to pay for this though, is it worth that much???
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:48 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
We are talking of almost a couple of days work for MOH to pay for this though, is it worth that much???
Mmmmm when you say it like that it is a lot, why not go onto the Shutterbugs thread and ask really nicely if someone like Steve P can do one for you? His pics are great and i`m sure he`d help out a fellow BE'er then you have the best of both worlds.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=daft batty;5961270]Would you pay $140 or whatever for a formal piccie???

Yes definatly go for it .Just received my sons grad photos and although initially balked at the $178 what price can you put on such an achievment .He looks so smart in his cap and gown
Go for it DB youve earned it
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Mmmmm when you say it like that it is a lot, why not go onto the Shutterbugs thread and ask really nicely if someone like Steve P can do one for you? His pics are great and i`m sure he`d help out a fellow BE'er then you have the best of both worlds.
not sure I'd be welcomed by all on shitterbugs thread . And it's a long way to ask Steve to travel, and even a good telephoto lens won't reach us in Ontario!

But I think a friend and a camera might capture the day rather better.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking no. I hate having my photo taken, am not very photogenic at the best of times, let alone a few weeks before the end of the last semester when I am stressed out, spotty chin, black bags and no happy sparkly smile.

My college friends are telling me I will regret it if I don't but I'm thinking theres a better chance of a good photo on graduation day, when I have a reason to celebrate. Rather than a 10 minute appt with a production line photographer sometime before the end of term.

Also, do they do the cap and gown at the ceremony or just the cap? Actually I am suprised that theres a cap and gown at all considering its a diploma not a degree. But as usual I am rambling on and on.

Well, I have a photo from the 1st time and it's sort of nice but I felt it was more for my family, even though I paid for it.

2nd time I didn't go to graduation so have no photo and I'm not bothered about that. I do know of someone who had his photo done a year later....

Ours were done on graduation day though....really, it comes down to how important it is to you. Sorry, not much help there.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:11 am
Sawdust making harpy

not sure I'd be welcomed by all on shitterbugs thread . And it's a long way to ask Steve to travel, and even a good telephoto lens won't reach us in Ontario!

But I think a friend and a camera might capture the day rather better.

Thought you were in Red Deer for some plebby reason
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Thought you were in Red Deer for some plebby reason
plebby? are they common in Red Deer? I thought they sounded rather nice up there.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:17 am
Sawdust making harpy

plebby? are they common in Red Deer? I thought they sounded rather nice up there.
No meant me being a pleb, and probably not taking notice of the times you`ve obviously said you lived in Ontario!

No plebs in Red Deer (I will defend my fellow Albertans to the hilt) now if you'd said Rednecks.....................
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:51 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do it. And for god's sake don't go to a graduation ceremony, it's sick-making or everyone concerned.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:04 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

its a diploma not a degree. But as usual I am rambling on and on.

I'm not a formal person. Weddings, grads, anything 'ceremonial' make me want to hurl so I create my own.

I didn't go to my high school grad ceremony. I spent the money on a big bottle of tequilla, some limes and fixins' for a fondue party for me, my then boyfriend and a few friends... snaps and memories (before I got really smashed) from that party are more meaningful than any 'fun' laid out by the Borg would have ever been. Same with uni grads.

I'm proud of my 'pieces of paper'... but I celebrate my own way.

And congrats to you, chickie!

Do what you WANT to do... it's your party!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Don't do it. And for god's sake don't go to a graduation ceremony, it's sick-making or everyone concerned.
I'm inclined not to go to a ceremony that I can't hear my name being called at. It will be long and boring too, but the rest of the class say I have to go, and my mum may fly over, so maybe its not for me but for others?

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I'm not a formal person. Weddings, grads, anything 'ceremonial' make me want to hurl so I create my own.

I didn't go to my high school grad ceremony. I spent the money on a big bottle of tequilla, some limes and fixins' for a fondue party for me, my then boyfriend and a few friends... snaps and memories (before I got really smashed) from that party are more meaningful than any 'fun' laid out by the Borg would have ever been. Same with uni grads.

I'm proud of my 'pieces of paper'... but I celebrate my own way.

And congrats to you, chickie!

Do what you WANT to do... it's your party!
We didnt do the fancy wedding, just 4 of us and I can even find the photos now! So I know what you mean there.

If my mum comes over then I will go, otherwise a bottle of gin and a curry sounds a good plan.

Thanks!

PS have still to pass this semester, and my grades are down. I even got a 60% so I wont be getting a Deans letter this semester. What am I supposed to do with those anyway??
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:52 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you get the photos on approval? So they'll send them to you and if you want to keep them you pay for them, and if not, you send them back?

They did this for the London Marathon, so I just scanned them all and sent them back. Bargain.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Mikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bazzz
Can you get the photos on approval? So they'll send them to you and if you want to keep them you pay for them, and if not, you send them back?

They did this for the London Marathon, so I just scanned them all and sent them back. Bargain.
Bargin!! like it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.