British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Gozit's ultimate smartphone buying guide - Sept 2014 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/gozits-ultimate-smartphone-buying-guide-sept-2014-a-843482/)

Gozit Sep 23rd 2014 8:30 pm

Re: Gozit's ultimate smartphone buying guide - Sept 2014

Originally Posted by Dashie (Post 11415877)
That's what conversations and discussions do in real life though, they digress, mutate, merge, go off on a random tangent.

True true. One of the very good things about BE is our mods don't police whether or not the thread is on topic or not unless its in the immi forums. Some of the other expat forums I am on they are so restrictive of that.

I guess maybe BE is as close to reality you can get on t'internet ;)

http://yaypics.smugmug.com/photos/i-.../i-WM7wHz8.gif

Dashie Sep 23rd 2014 8:32 pm

How many are you on exactly? When do you sleep?

JamesM Sep 23rd 2014 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 11415843)
"Sadly giving a phone to a child is going to create a useless generation".

So giving a phone to a child at age 16 will create a useless generation, but if that said child goes and signs the contract him/herself a couple years later it won't?

People of all ages are stupid.

I agree.

I said "another useless generation".

I implied that the generations before it were also useless which subscribes to your theory about stupid people.

None the less people can be educated and I think kids should be and these things should be kept out of hand until 18. It won't do them any harm.

BristolUK Sep 23rd 2014 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 11415918)
...Some of the other expat forums I am on they are so restrictive of that.

What???

You treacherous fiend. :argue:

JamesM Sep 23rd 2014 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 11415697)
She was busy googling to see where her children might be posting now that they're no longer updating their facebook profiles and haven't instagrammed for days. Child stalking is rampant.

My mum is my most annoying Facebook friend.

Jingsamichty Sep 23rd 2014 8:49 pm

Anyone else have FB friends who you actually detest but you don't delete in case you miss the next amazing piece of fkwittery that passes for their thoughts?

Dashie Sep 23rd 2014 8:51 pm

First part, yes, I mostly refrain from deleting people because they tend to take it rather personally and it makes life easier when you bump into them at the grocery store.

Sally Redux Sep 23rd 2014 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 11415948)
Anyone else have FB friends who you actually detest but you don't delete in case you miss the next amazing piece of fkwittery that passes for their thoughts?

Isn't that what it's for?

JamesM Sep 23rd 2014 8:53 pm

You can unsubscribe from their posts.

It's what I do now.

They remain in your friend list but you never have to hear a thing.

Gozit Sep 23rd 2014 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 11415954)
Isn't that what it's for?

+1:lol:

Gozit Sep 23rd 2014 9:00 pm

+1:lol:

Gozit Sep 23rd 2014 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Dashie (Post 11415921)
How many are you on exactly? When do you sleep?

This one and another british expat forum, solely because the malta forum on it is gigantic and has way more members active in the malta part then on here. They are the off-topic police. I also am on a bunch of tech nerd and game nerd forums:lol:

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 11415934)
I agree.

I said "another useless generation".

I implied that the generations before it were also useless which subscribes to your theory about stupid people.

None the less people can be educated and I think kids should be and these things should be kept out of hand until 18. It won't do them any harm.

Ah I see. I stand corrected then. As for the smartphones not until age 18, see what I replied to Tirytory.

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11415936)
What???

You treacherous fiend. :argue:

:lol:

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 11415937)
My mum is my most annoying Facebook friend.

My grandmum. Doesn't know how to post an album of photos so posts them one by one and my news feed is just flooded:lol:

Alan2005 Sep 23rd 2014 9:35 pm

I'm not on FB. There was a time a year or two ago when I was tempted cos a lot of family and friends are on it. The family stopped asking, and I no longer have any friends so it worked out OK in the end.

Gozit Sep 23rd 2014 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 11416007)
I'm not on FB. There was a time a year or two ago when I was tempted cos a lot of family and friends are on it. The family stopped asking, and I no longer have any friends so it worked out OK in the end.

Shard Sep 23rd 2014 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 11416013)

...yeah, what's that all about Alan?