Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Got offer on house!!!

Got offer on house!!!

Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:18 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got offer on house!!!

Well at long last most of the jobs done and property back on market last Thursday. Got phone call 9.30 Saturday morning from agent to ask where the keys were, we said why and they said there were two viewings that morning, the first one at 10.30!!!! House not cleaned up for viewings yet OMG have never seen so much clean up going on, (kitchen, bathroom the works) including moving two rocking chairs down to wendy house to make lounge look bigger! By the time the hour was up and the agent arrived we were absolutely dripping. 10.45 and client still not turned up and when contacted by phone said he had changed his mind and wasnt going to bother to turn up!! Well some people, still we then had an hour to cool down before second viewing and thankfully, after getting lost, eventually turned up.

Well they loved the place and put in an offer then and there for the full asking price! So hopefully this time, keep everything crossed for us, we will be on our way soon. Such a mixed feeling now of being over the moon and panic stricken that this may be it and are we really doing the right thing.

The weather here has been super over the last few days. Today we have been sitting on the patio and the temperature here has reached 30 and thinking perhaps it is not so bad here afterall!!!! but it doesnt take long to remind myself of why we are going.

I hope my next posting will be that contracts have been exchanged and we are all systems go! Good luck to anyone else waiting to sell it will happen ev entually. We first went on the market last year, took it off over christmas to do some decorating to refresh the old place and that must have done the trick.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:22 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Got offer on house!!!

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
Well at long last most of the jobs done and property back on market last Thursday. Got phone call 9.30 Saturday morning from agent to ask where the keys were, we said why and they said there were two viewings that morning, the first one at 10.30!!!! House not cleaned up for viewings yet OMG have never seen so much clean up going on, (kitchen, bathroom the works) including moving two rocking chairs down to wendy house to make lounge look bigger! By the time the hour was up and the agent arrived we were absolutely dripping. 10.45 and client still not turned up and when contacted by phone said he had changed his mind and wasnt going to bother to turn up!! Well some people, still we then had an hour to cool down before second viewing and thankfully, after getting lost, eventually turned up.

Well they loved the place and put in an offer then and there for the full asking price! So hopefully this time, keep everything crossed for us, we will be on our way soon. Such a mixed feeling now of being over the moon and panic stricken that this may be it and are we really doing the right thing.

The weather here has been super over the last few days. Today we have been sitting on the patio and the temperature here has reached 30 and thinking perhaps it is not so bad here afterall!!!! but it doesnt take long to remind myself of why we are going.

I hope my next posting will be that contracts have been exchanged and we are all systems go! Good luck to anyone else waiting to sell it will happen ev entually. We first went on the market last year, took it off over christmas to do some decorating to refresh the old place and that must have done the trick.
Great news, will keep our fingers crossed that everything goes through smoothly for you.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:22 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done - we got an offer on ours as well this week. Haven't you had a nice tidy house this weekend!!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:28 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Great news, will keep our fingers crossed that everything goes through smoothly for you.
Thank you.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:30 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by gloveman
Well done - we got an offer on ours as well this week. Haven't you had a nice tidy house this weekend!!

Hope all goes well for you too. I have never got the housework done so quickly. Only trouble now is I cannot remember which cupboard I stuffed what in, or under which sideboard. Guess if these piles of paper etc arent found within the week they were needed in the first place !!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

No this is just not fair - I want an offer too
Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:31 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by burton bunch
No this is just not fair - I want an offer too
Dont worry you will get one soon, just not sure what sort of offer though
Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:43 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news. Ours has literally just gone on the market (Friday) and we have a viewing tomorrow, so can totally understand the running around and making sure there's not even a speck of dust to be seen. I've just had my dinner and thought I'd pop on here while it went down, then I've got to go and clean the bathroom, put a load of stuff up in the loft and mop the kitchen floor .

Gay, I'm sure you'll be getting an offer soon. I will try and send you some karma but I don't think I've got enough posts yet.

By the way, the weather down here in Cornwall has been absolutely rubbish all weekend, it rained all yesterday and has been overcast and windy today. Bah humbug.

K
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazbob
By the way, the weather down here in Cornwall has been absolutely rubbish all weekend, it rained all yesterday and has been overcast and windy today. Bah humbug.

K
Oh no! that means that we are probably going to get it next! and it's been like summer here all week!