Goodbye Maggie RIP

Old Apr 17th 2013, 2:37 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Maggie RIP

If Maggie’s in Hell

Do you reckon she’ll close down the furnaces?
Cus if she does then maybe it’ll freeze over, and the maple leafs might just get in the play offs
Old Apr 17th 2013, 2:39 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Just in...

This thread's supporters are stuck in traffic.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Both the UK and Canada have elected leaders.
Name me the last time Britain was GREAT and under a leader the vast majority of its citizens supported?
Take a look around Canada most seem to hate Harper but he was elected.
Look at the Province you live in are you happy with your Provincial party?

Voter apathy is now something to be considered as turnouts for some are getting lower and lower. In other words people don't trust politicians regardless of what party they represent. When its perceived that some of these govts are spending like drunken sailors then people refuse or cant be arsed to vote.

Which Provinces are not in debt? and look at which party represents them.
How many broken promises from leaders.
Until we stop spending more than we collect in taxes then it wont improve.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:10 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Interesting that the 'myths' absolve her from responsibility for some things as "the die was cast" cast before her time in office, yet anything after her time in office cannot possibly have been anything to do with what had been set in motion.
She has become a pantomime villain for those on the left (now mainly those who were New Labour and fail to appreciate the irony of their political drift).
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:20 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Both the UK and Canada have elected leaders.
Name me the last time Britain was GREAT and under a leader the vast majority of its citizens supported?
Take a look around Canada most seem to hate Harper but he was elected.
Look at the Province you live in are you happy with your Provincial party?

Voter apathy is now something to be considered as turnouts for some are getting lower and lower. In other words people don't trust politicians regardless of what party they represent. When its perceived that some of these govts are spending like drunken sailors then people refuse or cant be arsed to vote.

Which Provinces are not in debt? and look at which party represents them.
How many broken promises from leaders.
Until we stop spending more than we collect in taxes then it wont improve.
Britain GREAT, widely supported leader, last happened under Macmillan.

Has there been a great leader in Canada? Trudeau, the elder, I suppose. I expect he's the one the most people could name.

As to the rest of the questions, I've no idea, it's not really any of our concern what the Canadians do.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33

Has there been a great leader in Canada? Trudeau, the elder, I suppose. I expect he's the one the most people could name.

As to the rest of the questions, I've no idea, it's not really any of our concern what the Canadians do.
Unless of course we live here as PRs or citizens then we might care what Canadians do
Politics eh almost as bad as religion or discussing the ethics of a used car salesperson.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:34 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Unless of course we live here as PRs or citizens then we might care what Canadians do
In the way that we might take an interest in, say, Ugandan affairs. It's not of much relevance day-to-day though, my life would not be changed for knowing who's in government in Nunavut or Ontario. Leave it to the locals, I say.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In the way that we might take an interest in, say, Ugandan affairs. It's not of much relevance day-to-day though, my life would not be changed for knowing who's in government in Nunavut or Ontario. Leave it to the locals, I say.
I agree leave it to those who think voting in a certain party will enrich their lives.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Refusing to fight in WWII?

Other than placating French-Canadians, I fail to see how bilinguism is really a benefit to Canada or, put another way, are other countries missing out by not having bi-linguism?

Befriending Castro?

NEP?

I do note that he was graceful when crediting the subject of this thread with large assistance with getting the Consitution onto the statute books
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Refusing to fight in WWII?

Other than placating French-Canadians, I fail to see how bilinguism is really a benefit to Canada or, put another way, are other countries missing out by not having bi-linguism?

Befriending Castro?

NEP?

I do note that he was graceful when crediting the subject of this thread with large assistance with getting the Consitution onto the statute books
If it weren't for Trudeau, this country would be the domain of English speaking white men. Inasmuch as there is any cheese or curry or wine here, we owe it to him.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 5:14 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I forgot to ask, will there be a grave to dance on?
In Goldthorpe there is.
vile people
Old Apr 17th 2013, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

If it weren't for Trudeau, this country would be the domain of English speaking white men. Inasmuch as there is any cheese or curry or wine here, we owe it to him.
Really? Lots of cheese, curry and wine in the UK and the US notwithstanding the fact they had no Trudeau but Thatcher and Reagan
Old Apr 17th 2013, 5:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Really? Lots of cheese, curry and wine in the UK and the US notwithstanding the fact they had no Trudeau but Thatcher and Reagan
Neither the UK nor the US is a frozen backwater needing its existence brought to the attention of the rest of the world. Mr. Trudeau made the public aware that there was a Canada and it needed livening up.

How we can debate such trivia when the elphantine songstress has bid farewell to Nova Scotia, I don't know, it's like we're not assimilated at all.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:10 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear that Mr T divides Canada as much as Mrs T divides Britain. Just an observation.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:40 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Shard
It would appear that Mr T divides Canada as much as Mrs T divides Britain. Just an observation.
The divide in Canada is traditionally between immigrants, natives and francophones on the one side and rednecks on the other. While such social divisions might exist in the UK they are less stark as there are fewer immigrants, no natives, and a highly localised francophone population.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.