Good tip for saving money in TO Star column

Good tip for saving money in TO Star column

Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good tip for saving money in TO Star column

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Is duct tape Cradley? Who knew.
Cradles are good at saving money. They only redecorate every 20 years or so. That wood effect panelling is so attractive
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:20 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Cradles are good at saving money. They only redecorate every 20 years or so. That wood effect panelling is so attractive
Good to know. Honestly, the wealth of information on this board is staggering.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:51 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Duct tape is indeed very cradle. It's one of things I came here to learn more about.

Another tip: Collect those cardboard rings your duct tape comes on. When you've got enough you can build a pillar to support that crumbling porch roof (using a fresh spool of duct tape to provide extra stability).
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Duct tape is indeed very cradle. It's one of things I came here to learn more about.

Another tip: Collect those cardboard rings your duct tape comes on. When you've got enough you can build a pillar to support that crumbling porch roof (using a fresh spool of duct tape to provide extra stability).
OMG this is awesome stuff.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

Well I'm baffled. Maybe I was Canadian in a past life. Duct tape is a common enough occurance in the homeland. What do English people stick things with then?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:24 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

What do English people stick things with then?
Whatever is specific to the job at hand...
Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Well I'm baffled. Maybe I was Canadian in a past life. Duct tape is a common enough occurance in the homeland. What do English people stick things with then?
We fix things properly...
Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:38 pm

We fix things properly...
Sure you do.....
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 2:05 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Save a fortune on laundry bills. Give your dirty shirts to Oxfam. They will wash and iron them and you can buy them back for fifty cents.

Pop a few tea bags in your hot water tank and you can make a hot cuppa anytime by just turning on the tap.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute

Remove the green stalk bits from the tomatoes before geting them weighed and priced at checkout!! I know someone who actually does this!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 5:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Granma Nessie
Remove the green stalk bits from the tomatoes before geting them weighed and priced at checkout!! I know someone who actually does this!!!!!
But if you keep them you can use them to spice up your turnip tops.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Granma Nessie
Before all the checkouts got so computerised and fancy, you used to be able to just dangle your spuds on the scale. Thus fooling the scale into thinking you had less than was really there.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute

Before all the checkouts got so computerised and fancy, you used to be able to just dangle your spuds on the scale. Thus fooling the scale into thinking you had less than was really there.
And you daren't deprive a good Irish girl of her potatoes
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 8:03 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

Good money saving tips, steal everything..
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 8:22 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lmartin999
"Ask for a cup of hot water. Okay, this might be a little drastic for some of you, but I think it's brilliant. While my friends buy $5 lattes at coffee shops, or spend even $2 on tea, I just ask for a cup of hot water and bring my own tea bag. That way, I can still go out and be social with my friends, but I don't have to spend any money doing it."

Nothing wrong with being careful!
Is this a Viz Top Tip? It's right up there with 'Save money by knitting your own contact lenses'.

I like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.