Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Good Music Thread

The Good Music Thread

Old Oct 1st 2014, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Good Music Thread

Hi Geedee,

I like their early recordings. Not into the new stuff. They are still going!

Originally Posted by geedee
Canuck, Killing Joke, fantastic band. They're still going I believe?
This is one of my faves....

Killing Joke - The Death & Resurrection Show (HD) - YouTube
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Same here... I think the first track I heard was "Follow the leader".... brilliant! The new stuff sounds a bit, er, vapid!
Old Oct 16th 2014, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Ashamed to say I've just discovered BBC Radio 6 on TuneIn Radio

They play some purdy good music!

Not really a big fan of the Beatles but there's no denying they knocked out some good tunes!

Old Oct 16th 2014, 2:40 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 16th 2014, 11:29 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Any song that mentions a sausage is just fab.

Old Oct 19th 2014, 2:27 am

Oh, it's rather long.

Last edited by Oink; Oct 19th 2014 at 2:32 am.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 3:22 am

Youth stops here.

Last edited by Oink; Oct 19th 2014 at 3:26 am.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 10:01 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Charlie Teagarden, Cutty Cutsall, Ray Baduc, Jimmy Dorsey - the original Dorseyland Jazz Band.

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 20th 2014 at 10:08 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

What this thread needs is a Faroe Isles wedding ballad.

Old Nov 7th 2014, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Loved that Faroe Isles wedding ballad. Beautiful.

Anyway, this may well be the thread killer! A lot of people called this lot a band for 14 year old girls. I loved 'em! And I'm a bloke! Read the lyrics and see if you think they're that poofy Oh, doesn't Sting look like Malcolm McDowell!??

Another suburban family morning
Grandmother screaming at the wall
We have to shout above the din of our Rice Crispies
We can't hear anything at all
Mother chants her litany of boredom and frustration
But we know all her suicides are fake
Daddy only stares into the distance
There's only so much more that he can take
Many miles away
Something crawls from the slime
At the bottom of a dark Scottish lake

Another industrial ugly morning
The factory belches filth into the sky
He walks unhindered through the picket lines today
He doesn't think to wonder why
The secretaries pout and preen like
cheap tarts in a red light street
But all he ever thinks to do is watch
And every single meeting with his so-called superior
Is a humiliating kick in the crotch
Many miles away
Something crawls to the surface
Of a dark Scottish lake

Another working day has ended
Only the rush hour hell to face
Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes
Contestants in a suicidal race
Daddy grips the wheel and stares alone into the distance
He knows that something somewhere has to break
He sees the family home now looming in the headlights
The pain upstairs that makes his eyeballs ache
Many miles away
There's a shadow on the door
Of a cottage on the shore
Of a dark Scottish lake
Many miles away, many miles away

Last edited by geedee; Nov 7th 2014 at 12:03 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2014, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
Loved that Faroe Isles wedding ballad. Beautiful.

Anyway, this may well be the thread killer! A lot of people called this lot a band for 14 year old girls. I loved 'em! And I'm a bloke! Read the lyrics and see if you think they're that poofy Oh, doesn't Sting look like Malcolm McDowell!??

The Police - Synchronicity II - YouTube

Another suburban family morning
Grandmother screaming at the wall
We have to shout above the din of our Rice Crispies
We can't hear anything at all
Mother chants her litany of boredom and frustration
But we know all her suicides are fake
Daddy only stares into the distance
There's only so much more that he can take
Many miles away
Something crawls from the slime
At the bottom of a dark Scottish lake

Another industrial ugly morning
The factory belches filth into the sky
He walks unhindered through the picket lines today
He doesn't think to wonder why
The secretaries pout and preen like
cheap tarts in a red light street
But all he ever thinks to do is watch
And every single meeting with his so-called superior
Is a humiliating kick in the crotch
Many miles away
Something crawls to the surface
Of a dark Scottish lake

Another working day has ended
Only the rush hour hell to face
Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes
Contestants in a suicidal race
Daddy grips the wheel and stares alone into the distance
He knows that something somewhere has to break
He sees the family home now looming in the headlights
The pain upstairs that makes his eyeballs ache
Many miles away
There's a shadow on the door
Of a cottage on the shore
Of a dark Scottish lake
Many miles away, many miles away

Me & my brother practically wore that LP out. I also listened to Outlandos d'Amour and Ghost in the Machine a lot too. Malcom McDowell ? It has to be the film "If.... " even above Clockwork Orange

I have a feeling that our music collections are remarkably similar
Old Nov 7th 2014, 10:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Don't touch me there
Old Nov 8th 2014, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77

I have a feeling that our music collections are remarkably similar
Sounds like it!

Originally Posted by caretaker
Don't touch me there
"Prime Time" was my favourite track, hadn't heard the one you posted.... wonder what happened to them?
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 4:06 am

Lets just get it on it. End of.

Last edited by Oink; Nov 22nd 2014 at 4:20 am.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 9:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.