Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Good afternoon from Sunny Ipswich, East Anglia - home!

Good afternoon from Sunny Ipswich, East Anglia - home!

Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good afternoon from Sunny Ipswich, East Anglia - home!

Hello Mrs M!

I too have been following your "new life" on F'Bk (Bravo to you for having the guts to do what you've done)....and I too (with young daughter) will be embarking on the very same path as yourself (minus the buying a house and living in a lovely area by the sea ). We leave Calgary next Sunday and will initially be going back for a "long vacation" with the intention of deciding one way or another where the heck I want to be!!

Wishing you all the best love,
Ruby M x
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Hello Mrs M!

We leave Calgary next Sunday and will initially be going back for a "long vacation" with the intention of deciding one way or another where the heck I want to be!!

Ruby M x
OMG am being desserted left right and blooming centre here girls
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mrs M!

I too have been following your "new life" on F'Bk (Bravo to you for having the guts to do what you've done)....and I too (with young daughter) will be embarking on the very same path as yourself (minus the buying a house and living in a lovely area by the sea ). We leave Calgary next Sunday and will initially be going back for a "long vacation" with the intention of deciding one way or another where the heck I want to be!!

Ruby M x
Oh My Goodness not you as well really must have missed all this last i heard you were both staying

I hope you have a safe trip back and find what you are looking for Ruby
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that your marriage hasn't worked out, but pleased that you are happy back in Blighty.

Best of luck in your new life on this side of the pond.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:03 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs M and Ruby,
Personally I think the decision to return is braver than the decision to emigrate. I hope it all works out for both of you.

Charlie
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:15 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Mrs M and Ruby,
Personally I think the decision to return is braver than the decision to emigrate. I hope it all works out for both of you.

Charlie
Especially when you leave half a family behind - very brave ladies I think!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
OMG am being desserted left right and blooming centre here girls
Was a quick decision hun...but as you know, excruciatingly long pondering over the "Canada-v-UK" thing! I feel like I did all I could to last it out and be there for the special times for my son who has now turned 18 and had his graduation on June 5th....and now it's wide open for me to put my toe in the water and see if home really is where my heart is. My OH has resigned himself to letting me go and do this trip, knowing full well that if I love it back there, I may not come back.....so it's not exactly a happy time, very sad to be honest. I have my mental health and my daughter's wishes to consider - time to be a bit selfish and put "Me" first for a change

I'll keep in touch Gay, don't you worry
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Oh My Goodness not you as well really must have missed all this last i heard you were both staying
I know...I've stayed away from BE for a good few months now to lay low and sort my head out

I hope you have a safe trip back and find what you are looking for Ruby
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
So sorry to hear that your marriage hasn't worked out, but pleased that you are happy back in Blighty.
Well our relationship hasn't exactly been terminated...I'm trying to categorise it by saying I'm taking a mental break, or living separately for a while. The door is still open for me to return if I choose

Best of luck in your new life on this side of the pond.
Originally Posted by purple80
Mrs M and Ruby,
Cheers Charlie
Charlie
Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Especially when you leave half a family behind - very brave ladies I think!
Thanks L xx

Mrs M...sorry for gatecrashing your thread with my news I've got my own thread going in the MBTTUK, but wanted to share my similar experience.

Last edited by Ruby Murray; Jun 15th 2009 at 3:44 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Well our relationship hasn't exactly been terminated...I'm trying to categorise it by saying I'm taking a mental break, or living separately for a while. The door is still open for me to return if I choose
Ooops, sorry - my post was meant for the OP, Mrs M! Hence the reference to marriage split.

However, I obviously wish you all the best too!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ooops, sorry - my post was meant for the OP, Mrs M! Hence the reference to marriage split.

However, I obviously wish you all the best too!
well that was a "duh" moment for me
<hides head in embarrassment>
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:07 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very best wishes to you, feeling happy wherever you are is priceless, glad you are feeling settled
Terese
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers guys for the best wishes, that's really nice of you all.....

I suppose I would just leave one word of warning to any of you who are considering immigration when you know that the relationship you are in isn't working where you are, and that is geography doesn't actually change everything. While it may certainly influence a lot of new things, personality traits that have presented issues for either of you will still be there, and when it's just the two of you, they are certainly magnified!!!!!!

But for now, I'm here and making the best of things, who knows where I'll end up, but at least I'm happy in myself and able to have a support network that I could never have made in Canada. Although I have to admit, some days, just some, I find myself missing the odd thing.......

All thee best
Mistress Miggins xxx
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

janet1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins
Hello my lovelies,

Hope you are all keeping well, to be honest my ears have been burning but I haven't looked to see what's been posted with supposition regarding my return to the UK, but I'll just let you know what's been happening.

After 10 years with my husband I decided, sadly but very rationally to return to the UK on the 2nd of April, he's still in Canada. As you all know, he worked away all through the near on two years we spent in Canada and in the end I realised that I had given up an awful lot and took a huge hit in my quality of life, for not very much in return. The split has been really amicable we still love each other to bits, but we are now going to just move forwards and see what comes next.

It's lovely to be home, I'm working as a student manager (the old head of year) in a high school, I bought and moved in to my own house last Friday which is a nice 3 bed semi in a good area and I have been able to have a social life with people who know me, understand me and have the same outlook on life. The kids have settled back in their old school, they are doing great, so over all it's been really simple to return.

I loved Canada, but never settled for all different types of reasons. I woudn't undo Canada or my decision to go, but in the same way I am absoloutely convinced that it's been the right thing to return...... We all have different values and motivators, I now know mine.

I have no idea what the future will hold for any of us, but I do know that friends and family are what motivate me the most in life, however lovely the big houses, the four wheel drives and the wide open spaces are in Canada there is no feeling like knowing there are people who really care about you just down the road, that my nieces and nephews know me and that my parents won't be in need without me to help.

Whatever happens, I think all you can do is view Canada as a life experience that changes you forever, it's certainly made me more self sufficient, way more discerning and careful of people (you know who they are!) and most importantly much more accepting of myself and feeling comfortable in my own skin. Admittedly what also helps is I live in a nice area of England, so it makes it easier to be here from that point of view.

Take care peeps, thanks for all the support and giggles as I sat there night after night on my own in the prairies surfing BE! I'm now heading off to the sea side to meet mum and dad and the kids, to have fish and chips and call in on friends on the way home. Now that to me is, priceless.

All the very best
Mistress Miggins.
good luck with your life back in England, next time I head home I should look you up as my family all live in Coggeshall, Braintree, Colchester areas
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins
Although I have to admit, some days, just some, I find myself missing the odd thing.......

All thee best
Mistress Miggins xxx
That would be meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Jun 20th 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute

Actually yes, and the day I moved in I put that fridge magnet on me fridge! When I next catch you on MSN ill give you my number and we can have a proper natter. Miss you bird, I really do xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.