Going Home.......

Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Home.......

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Not sure I could ever bring myself to leave a drink unattended Just wouldn't happen.

You've shattered my illusions of Canada now, the country has clearly gone to the dogs.
You don't think people actually drink Tim Horton's coffee do you?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:12 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I naively assumed so.
As a right of passage I intend try it out. I may even walk down the street holding the cup.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

The Welshman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mkmurrays,

We also went to see The Great One of the Guitars.
Out of this world, not bad for a 58 yr old.
Well done on the 1st year.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Was tempted to go to the Mark Knopfler concert but saw Dire Straits in Manchester about 15 years ago and was v disappointed - I'm a big fan but live they just didn't connect with the audience on that occasion.

Glad you had a good time MK and hope the nostalgia has passed...

Re: I vow to thee my country, I loved this when I first heard it as a child at Di's wedding. I always found it very moving and since her funeral it has become even more poignant.

Jerusalem is one of my all time patriotic hymns and brings back some good memories. At school we had to march into assembly to Land & Hope of Glory and on my homesick days I YouTube it and have my 5 mins of nostalgia.

I do like it here but sometimes there are days when I miss the British outlook on life and sense of humour, history and culture. I've started watching Corrie again just because it reminds me of 'home' and makes me feel understood - for some reason here I have to say everything twice most times before they tune into my accent.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Here's a link you might enjoy if you're feeling nostalgic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWY_P...eature=related