Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

GO FLAMES GO! It's playoff time YEEEEAAAHHHHHH BABY!!!!!

GO FLAMES GO! It's playoff time YEEEEAAAHHHHHH BABY!!!!!

Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:13 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GO FLAMES GO! It's playoff time YEEEEAAAHHHHHH BABY!!!!!

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It's a bit quiet on this thread today ...
Frigging "officials" giving our boys allthose penalties whilest the Sharks get away with murder (well running Kipper, hooking and tripping but same diff!)

I said Sharks done in 5

The Dome is gonna be rocking on Sunday, now if I could just get that e-mail to tell me CONGRATULATIONS go buy your tickets

GO FLAMES GO!

PS I heard yesterday that every time we have a freaky snow storm (like the one yesterday) in April the Flames have made it to the Finals YEAH BABY!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:44 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see too much wrong with the officiating last night. For sure, the Sharks embellished some of them a bit, but there were no phantom calls. If it wasn't for The Kipper it would have been a rout.

Still, I am sure the Flames would have settled for a split at the start. Win their home games now and they are through. The next two are going to be mighty entertaining for neutral.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:51 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Only seems fair to bring this thread back from the dead after last nights performance.

Go FLAMES Go
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

welshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hobbess
Only seems fair to bring this thread back from the dead after last nights performance.

Go FLAMES Go
Agreed, 4-3.... a great result. Now 2-1 up in series.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:00 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree the Flames deserved that one. An early lead can be a very dangerous thing. A team that tries to defend a lead from 3 minutes in can't complain if they lose. I expected San Jose to leave blood on the ice but they disappeared.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:21 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I have to agree the Flames deserved that one. An early lead can be a very dangerous thing. A team that tries to defend a lead from 3 minutes in can't complain if they lose. I expected San Jose to leave blood on the ice but they disappeared.
Nope the blood on the ice was at the expense of the Sharks thanks to Dion and Sarich. I LOVED Sarich's hit on Marleau, that is what turned the game around for us.

Was at Flames Central watching in our very own C of Red and it was a fantastic atmosphere there. I am very much in danger of losing my voice at some point today (and probably a certainty after tomorrow!) All the cheering and yelling abuse at the completely bias officials Just makes the win even sweeter when you are playing a team of 9!!!!!

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!

Flame roasted Shark anyone
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:08 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Bet Flames central was good, I had my own sofa of red!! Sarich rocked Marleau, hit of the playoffs for sure. That might win us this series.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:19 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hobbess
Sarich rocked Marleau, hit of the playoffs for sure. That might win us this series.
Sarlich didn't so much hit Marleau as imprint him on the boards. A palpable hit, as they say.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:16 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Oh why do the Flames insist on torturing their fans?

So we will have to beat the Sharks in MORE than 5 games, but I still believe we can beat them and advance to the next round. Also have decided they need game 6 so I actually get tickets and can watch at the 'Dome

GO FLAMES GO
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:47 pm
Binned by Muderators

Ahem, er ... bump?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:51 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

Indeed. The Flames do seem to enjoy torturing their fans. It looks like this series will go the full 7.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:26 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edsask
It looks like this series will go the full 7.
They often do ..... at least you get value for money as a Flames supporter!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:57 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Originally Posted by Morwenna
They often do ..... at least you get value for money as a Flames supporter!
HAHA! Aint that the truth, I really thought we would beat them last night, but we were playing the black n whites as well as the Sharks again! A questionable icing call against the Flames and then an icing call the wasn't made against the Sharks, we could've tied it up and gone to OT easily.

Never mind, the Flames have the momentum coming back to home ice, so c'mon Calgary peeps, get them flags on your cars, join the C of Red on Sunday and cheer our boys onto round 2

GO FLAMES GO, GO FLAMES GO!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:08 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you can entirely blame the magpies. I saw the 3rd Sharks goal and it was a giveaway by the Flames!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

What's all this "icing" - are we having tea and cakes too ?!

I don't watch - I just hear the cheers from next door - or get the update the next morning from others in the know ..... 'tis too fast on the TV and I can't see the puck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.