glad to be here...

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

cheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant future
Default glad to be here...

read a pretty downbeat article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...rt-of-comments

british asian describes the racial and physical abuse he suffered on a London bus in full view of other passengers.

bad in itself, but the comments are very interesting veering from the defensive "put up or shut up" kind to similarly grim anecdotes on the tube, and occasionally sympathy.

reading them made me think how pleasant commuting on Translink is in comparison, not to mention just how morally lost the UK has become.

worth a read if you're toying with the idea of heading back to blighty
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:28 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: glad to be here...

Originally Posted by cheepnis

british asian describes the racial and physical abuse he suffered on a London bus in full view of other passengers.

bad in itself, but the comments are very interesting veering from the defensive "put up or shut up" kind to similarly grim anecdotes on the tube, and occasionally sympathy.

reading them made me think how pleasant commuting on Translink is in comparison, not to mention just how morally lost the UK has become.

The UK's an absolute disgrace, devoid of any moral fiber and ethically bankrupt. It’s a rude, angry place where the people are only interested in celebrity culture and getting pissed every night, fighting, beating up immigrants and old people. Crime is rampant, the education system is a joke, the trains are always late, the food is terrible and there are too many people. The cops are getting out of control, the media is awash with lies, homelessness is everywhere, there's nothing in the UK that's even worth saving, its all so sad, because once were a proud nation, a nation with an empire, where people knew what law and order was, respected their betters and did an honest days work for an honest pound. We were a nation of Shakespeare, Elgar and Wordsworth, now all we have is bloody Damien bloody Hirst sticking plastic fannies in pots of glue. Give me ****ing break, not on my watch buddy.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 9:48 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheepnis

I agree with Oink. The UK is awash with hideous violence and continues to fall into the depths of apocalyptic tension, unable to avoid the inevitable racial wars and anarchy inducing decline in morality and patriotism.

That said, my right elbow still contains the tooth shaped scar from my ONLY encounter with unprovoked racism towards the Indian wife of my cousin..............in Canada .

We're all doomed!!!!!!

Last edited by el_richo; Feb 23rd 2010 at 10:56 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:50 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

The place has got so bad that I'm seriously worried about the welfare of my poor aging parents. The thought of them battling on in that vile cesspool of a country breaks my heart, and so I am currently looking into the possibility of having them euthanized. I was thinking of giving Dignitas (?) a ring to get a quote, but it turns out there's a gang of youngsters in the village who'll do a fairly painless job for a bag of weed and a couple of litres of Diamond White.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Me muvver's got it sussed. Spikes on her scooter, goes rahn Tescos filling her basket with Sapphire like she's Boadicea. It's even got a pole on the back for her St. George's flag. I wish she'd wear summink else on 'er plates though, the home help whines on and on about strapping up them 14 'oles.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

ahhh, the comments of those from the "other side" always make me chuckle.. - and sometimes I wonder why it is always those of you that are emigrating/have emigrated that are so defensive of the UK, and sometimes so scathing of Canada???
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strawberry
ahhh, the comments of those from the "other side" always make me chuckle.. - and sometimes I wonder why it is always those of you that are emigrating/have emigrated that are so defensive of the UK, and sometimes so scathing of Canada???

They don't know what they had until it's gone

I give more weight to the opinions of those that have been here for a while and have taken off the rose tinted specs. Those that haven't been here very long tend to be in vacation mode.

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Feb 23rd 2010 at 1:35 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

should bloody well come back then...
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:48 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still in the UK and don't see the anarchy, racial tension, violence, and general lack of morals non UK residents complain of. And i live in that there London.

I personally think it's their own way of convincing themselves they made the correct decision by moving to another country to rid themselves of there inner demons.

Last edited by el_richo; Feb 23rd 2010 at 2:56 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by el_richo
I'm still in the UK and don't see the anarchy, racial tension, violence, and general lack of morals non UK residents complain of. And i live in that there London.

I personally think it's there own way of convincing themselves they made the correct decision by moving to another country to rid themselves of there inner demons.

thought Id better just string a sentence after that smiley cause I know a few people on here don't like replies of smilies alone...
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

should bloody well come back then...
I was there at Christmas and didn't see the anarchy, racial tension, violence, and general lack of morals non UK residents complain of. thatLondon again. Maybe it's a northern thing. I hear it's grim up there.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
They don't know what they had until it's gone

I give more weight to the opinions of those that have been here for a while and have taken off the rose tinted specs. Those that haven't been here very long tend to be in vacation mode.
yes, but its also ditto the other way too. Those that have left the UK many years ago, maybe look back with rose coloured glasses too?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

thought Id better just string a sentence after that smiley cause I know a few people on here don't like replies of smilies alone...
The use of an emoticon is not more defensible because it's followed by random text.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
The use of an emoticon is not more defensible because it's followed by random text.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
I was there at Christmas and didn't see the anarchy, racial tension, violence, and general lack of morals non UK residents complain of. thatLondon again. Maybe it's a northern thing. I hear it's grim up there.
Ha yes it can be in parts, just like everywhere else!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.