Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

given this situation what would you do?

given this situation what would you do?

Old Sep 7th 2013, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: given this situation what would you do?

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Are suicide bombers soldiers?
No, suicide bombers are deranged fanatics. The only thread bare comparison to soldiers are maybe to Kamikaze who were mostly willing to give there life for there country and emporer. Even Kamikaze though didn't masqurade as harmless individuals before pulling the pin surrounded by unsuspecting (usually innocent) people.
However, what your question has to do with the main thread is beyond me. Stirring the pot again, eh?
Old Sep 7th 2013, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: given this situation what would you do?

Originally Posted by MillieF
I'm finding all this "latest bit" thing a bit confusing..my dad was born in 1910 and he remembered his nanny saying goodbye to lads in 1914....my Dad was in the next one he lost his brother in the Battle of Britain, but he himself bailed out, at the end and received the DFM. I know my Dads rules of engagement changed...he knows he should not have bombed Dresden
Hindsight is a great thing. At the start of 1945 bombing Dresden was a sound military operation. Even Churchill supported the operation and only distanced himself from it when the civilian casualty figures began to appear unacceptable.
In my mind, your dad did no wrong.