Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Getting to London from Manchester?

Wikiposts

Getting to London from Manchester?

Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:21 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting to London from Manchester?

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
Good point, but if rules are rules...

Ah well, im just stressing. It took me near 18 months to get my PR card the first time and not only do I have this trip booked with no card, im off to Vegas in August and I dont fancy messing about with the US immigration guys either!
Id be more concerned about getting back from the states (assuming you are flying), UK passport holders travel from the UK to Canada without PR or travel docs all the time, they are called tourists. Less common for them to come from the US
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iaink
Id be more concerned about getting back from the states (assuming you are flying), UK passport holders travel from the UK to Canada without PR or travel docs all the time, they are called tourists. Less common for them to come from the US
I am more worried about the States for sure! But, I hope to have my new PR card by then... if not, im not going to risk it, I will buy a cheap flight to the UK and just say im visiting friends in Canada before flying home.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

In regards to travel between Manchester and London...

www.virgintrains.co.uk - you may get a good offer direct with Virgin rather than messing about with the trainline.

www.megabus.com - if you end up doing the coach, check these out, usually have tickets for a quid each way, they depart from the new bus station at Shudehill (or did 12 months ago anyway).

There's always BA too.
Old May 16th 2011, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

I am impressed with how fast it was processed... my new PR card arrived at citizenship and immigration today!!!!
Old May 16th 2011, 10:05 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

i got a huge amount of grief at immigration when i came back from the UK even with my PR card
Old May 16th 2011, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
i got a huge amount of grief at immigration when i came back from the UK even with my PR card
What did they hassle you for???
Old May 17th 2011, 2:40 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
What did they hassle you for???
i hadnt declared the jeans i was wearing if you can believe it..so got sent to immigration and was given the 100 question routine
Old May 17th 2011, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

nice one.

I once went home for xmas, i declared nothing and they (quite rightly) thought that was weird as i went home to see family and said i had no xmas presents or anything.

When they opened my case they were greeted with about 300 quids worth of stuff i bought, still with labels and price tags... they let me keep anything i could fit in my hand luggage and confiscated the rest

Learnt my lesson!!!
Old May 17th 2011, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Oh yeah, and if anyone searches this in the future...

I went to pick up my PR card this morning with no government ID or my IMM 5292 (both lost) and they accepted my SIN card and Alberta Health cards instead as long as i had my passport.

I know some people have worried about not having the IMM 5292 in the past, it wasnt an issue, and they gave me the form to apply for a replacement.