Gender equality

Old Jan 27th 2017, 2:51 pm
  #31  
limey party pooper
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,351
bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Some amusing ladies


Hope the link works! Sorry there's an advert.
bats is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 3:14 pm
  #32  
limey party pooper
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,351
bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

This was on the BBC website today. Interesting and relevant

Girls lose faith in their own talents by the age of six - BBC News
bats is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 4:23 pm
  #33  
Slob
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Ottineau
Posts: 6,307
Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by bats View Post
Ladies do not have body functions.

"Horses sweat, men perspire, ladies merely glow"
That's bollocks. My missus can fart like bastard and can swear like a trooper (not really surprising considering that she was a soldier for 23 years).

The rules are simple. I hold doors open and pay restaurant bills (who eventually pays the Visa bill does not matter).
Souvy is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 4:39 pm
  #34  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 35,086
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by bats View Post
"Horses sweat, men perspire, ladies merely glow"
That's what my mum used to say.
BristolUK is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 4:40 pm
  #35  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 35,086
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
No that was a tech issue that very weirdly only affected a few around the world.
Are you sure? I just posted on here and it took an age to appear.

But at least it appeared.
BristolUK is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 5:40 pm
  #36  
Tea Drinker
 
Danny B's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Kamloops, BC
Posts: 4,620
Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by DandNHill View Post
I'm a lady in the same way my husband is a gentleman. Being called a woman is fine but I hate being referred to as a female. My dogs are female...
A lady, or a gentleman, in my opinion is somebody who behaves in a respectful manner, who doesn't embarrass herself or those she's with. Nothing to do with ironing the newspaper and warming up her husband's slippers before he gets home.
Or bitches
Danny B is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 5:46 pm
  #37  
Happy
 
Howefamily's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,922
Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
My son has found a similar issue with expectations of being paid for.

Example - g/f (at that time of 1 year), they went to Montreal for a week - they stayed at a 5* hotel, had dinners, drinks and all other dining, went out every night to entertainment, went to several places where you had to pay an entry fee. He paid for everything - even the gas to get there and back, all in approximately $2000. No offer to pay any of it from her. 6 months later, they went to Niagara on the Lake for 4 days - again, 5* hotel etc., again, he paid.

In fact, in the 2.5 years they were together he paid for absolutely everything. Every cab, every drink, every dinner, every meal out or take away, every bit of entertainment, the gas for her car. When he asked her if perhaps they could start putting money away together every month to help cover the costs, she refused.

Her birthday was at Christmas - the last one they were together, he spent over $600 on gifts for her (for both birthday and Christmas) - she spent about $80 (and had borred that from him).

They earned more or less the same. She lived at home for the first 18 months, he had a mortgage and bills to pay.

They split up very shortly after.
That is disgraceful behaviour! I am bringing up my two girls with the belief that I am firmly instilling in them that they are to find a career to pay their way in an equal relationship. Nothing boils my blood more (with the exception of arguing about rain) than girls that are looking for a rich man.
Get a job and pay your way ladies. End of....
Howefamily is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:03 pm
  #38  
I need a walk
 
Stinkypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Okanagan
Posts: 4,895
Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by bats View Post
Ladies do not have body functions.

"Horses sweat, men perspire, ladies merely glow"
Yes but what happens to the fluids and solids?
Stinkypup is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:07 pm
  #39  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Cayman Islands
Posts: 4,284
Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
My son has found a similar issue with expectations of being paid for.

Example - g/f (at that time of 1 year), they went to Montreal for a week - they stayed at a 5* hotel, had dinners, drinks and all other dining, went out every night to entertainment, went to several places where you had to pay an entry fee. He paid for everything - even the gas to get there and back, all in approximately $2000. No offer to pay any of it from her. 6 months later, they went to Niagara on the Lake for 4 days - again, 5* hotel etc., again, he paid.

In fact, in the 2.5 years they were together he paid for absolutely everything. Every cab, every drink, every dinner, every meal out or take away, every bit of entertainment, the gas for her car. When he asked her if perhaps they could start putting money away together every month to help cover the costs, she refused.

Her birthday was at Christmas - the last one they were together, he spent over $600 on gifts for her (for both birthday and Christmas) - she spent about $80 (and had borred that from him).

They earned more or less the same. She lived at home for the first 18 months, he had a mortgage and bills to pay.

They split up very shortly after.
No, Siouxie - come on! Seriously, though! No disrespect, but your son comes across as a bit of a goof, don't you think? Only a man who is desperately, desperately p*ssy-whipped would have taken all that treatment from a girlfriend for two and a half years. I've never heard of such a thing; and have only read about it when it involved sugar-daddies and their tarts.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 27th 2017 at 6:18 pm. Reason: Username.
Gordon Barlow is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:18 pm
  #40  
MODERATOR
 
Siouxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 18,246
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
No, Siouxie - come on! Seriously, though! No disrespect, but your son comes across as a bit of a goof, don't you think? Only a man who is desperately, desperately p*ssy-whipped would have taken all that treatment from a girlfriend for two and a half years. I've never heard of such a thing; and have only read about it when it involved sugar-daddies and their tarts.
Goof? I presume you understand the level of insult that word has?

No. He's a caring, affectionate and generous man who was head over heels in love.

Insult taken, thanks.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 27th 2017 at 6:26 pm.
Siouxie is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:23 pm
  #41  
F.orum Ape
 
Shard's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 20,471
Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
No, Siouxie - come on! Seriously, though! No disrespect, but your son comes across as a bit of a goof, don't you think? Only a man who is desperately, desperately p*ssy-whipped would have taken all that treatment from a girlfriend for two and a half years. I've never heard of such a thing; and have only read about it when it involved sugar-daddies and their tarts.
Not at all. If you have the means, you don't really question such female behaviour or if you do, you give them the benefit of the doubt. It's only money after all. You obviously spend too much time reading trash.
Shard is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:31 pm
  #42  
MODERATOR
 
Siouxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 18,246
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Not at all. If you have the means, you don't really question such female behaviour or if you do, you give them the benefit of the doubt. It's only money after all. You obviously spend too much time reading trash.


Exactly. Thank you.
Siouxie is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:47 pm
  #43  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Orton, Ontario
Posts: 1,886
HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
Goof? I presume you understand the level of insult that word has?

No. He's a caring, affectionate and generous man who was head over heels in love.

Insult taken, thanks.
Well, you learn something every day, I had no idea what that word meant. I hope the poster that used it didn't either.

I hope your son finds himself a partner that deserves him, he sounds like a sweetie to me.
HGerchikov is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:53 pm
  #44  
Assimilated Pauper
 
dbd33's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 38,555
dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by HGerchikov View Post
Well, you learn something every day, I had no idea what that word meant. I hope the poster that used it didn't either.

I hope your son finds himself a partner that deserves him, he sounds like a sweetie to me.
I don't think goof to mean nonce is common usage.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/goof

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/goof

That sense is apparently used in Canada.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...hild_predator/

but I don't think people here should reasonably be expected to be familiar with such local meanings.

Last edited by dbd33; Jan 27th 2017 at 6:57 pm.
dbd33 is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2017, 7:09 pm
  #45  
MODERATOR
 
Siouxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 18,246
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by dbd33 View Post
I don't think goof to mean nonce is common usage.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/goof

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/goof

That sense is apparently used in Canada.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...hild_predator/

but I don't think people here should reasonably be expected to be familiar with such local meanings.
After all the years that the poster has been in Canada, I expect him to understand the meaning of it in Canada... I learned it in the first 2 years.

Regardless, it was insulting, inappropriate and unnecessary.

Out of this thread.
Siouxie is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.