Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Gay Marriage (COE gives up)

Gay Marriage (COE gives up)

Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gay Marriage (COE gives up)

So the Church of England has given up the battle against Gay Marriage - as I gay person I am very indifferent to this debate, as a Christian (although - not god squad - you are all safe) I am happy - but am glad there is official resolution although the battle will continue. I hope now the Church can direct itself to more important work.

Will the COE survive - I am sure.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/06/05...marriage-bill/
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gay Marriage (COE gives up)

I don't care for religion. I understand the widely held view that, so long as it's conducted behind closed doors, it's nobody's business except that of the participants, but, still, I find that religion permeates the whole life of the practitioners; they're not a little bit religious or religious only away from schools. People who have religion have it, it's almost part of who they are.

I don't know that we can cure them but we can, at least, avoid those who admit to it.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to be avoided!
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:39 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't care for religion. I understand the widely held view that, so long as it's conducted behind closed doors, it's nobody's business except that of the participants, but, still, I find that religion permeates the whole life of the practitioners; they're not a little bit religious or religious only away from schools. People who have religion have it, it's almost part of who they are.

I don't know that we can cure them but we can, at least, avoid those who admit to it.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:47 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the whole point of marriage is for the kids eg: Not living in sin. Gay couples can't have kids so what's the point? Just do a will instead.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Surely the whole point of marriage is for the kids eg: Not living in sin. Gay couples can't have kids so what's the point? Just do a will instead.
Kids are one of the reasons for marriage, but there are many more, why would or should couples who cant have children be allowed to get get married? Or couples who decide they don't want children.

Also, you may not realise this but Gays have children too, either through adoption, surrogacy or other means.

Sorry the argument about marriage and children is an empty vessel.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:59 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Marriage is for male & females. Is Civil partnership not good enough for gay people ?
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Many GLBT people would say no Civil partnership is not enough. Many argue that both marriage and and Civil partnership should be opened to both.

You say it is for Man and Women (the bible says that), then again I believe the bible says eating pork is an abomination. Along with menstruating women.

So if you believe in the biblical argument, gay marriage is wrong, as is Spare Ribs and Women just need to be pregnant all the time!
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:13 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Marriage is for male & females. Is Civil partnership not good enough for gay people ?
Are you a polygamist then? I must have missed that in your youtube video series.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Are you a polygamist then? I must have missed that in your youtube video series.
Sounds their life is more fun than mine.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:16 pm

I know the bible says do not lie with a man as with a women ect, it's not the Bible that I first think of, it's the whole Gay and i want u to know it thing that pisses me off. Just be gay and get on with it !

Why do gay people have to shove the fact they are gay in ya face as some sort of new trendy life style. Gay pride, gay marriage, gay clubs gay gay firkin gay.

We all know on here that you is gay, yeh, why ? do we need to know? no we dont, but you need to tell us because thats Gay.

Just be gay and get on with it. Ok
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:17 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Wanting to deny others rights that you enjoy yourself isn't very nice is it.

(I'm pretending that you aren't taking the piss here, even though you are really)
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:18 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Sounds their life is more fun than mine.
One set of nagging is enough. Who needs two or more?
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:20 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I‘m all for gay marriage and in fact I think it should be encouraged. They tend to be people who marry later in life and usually they’re unencumbered with children so they have lots more money to spend on the reception. There’s bound to be great food and an open bar. Plus, you know the disco afterwards is going to be brilliant.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.