Gas Prices

Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:37 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas Prices

Originally Posted by fletcher m
A bit of a simplistic answer, I would have expected you to have expanded with some detail..though you are correct.
I refer you to post #10.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Even the beloved Ryanair are implementing ideas to save fuel

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...save-fuel.html
Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Even the beloved Ryanair are implementing ideas to save fuel

'as part of its efforts to trim diesel bills'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...save-fuel.html

They are running their jets on Diesel??????
Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:00 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

it needs to come down soon, otherwise its seriously going to jeopardise my driving south plans next year
Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:02 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alex2201
They are running their jets on Diesel??????
You most certainly can run a piston engine (diesel) on Jet A1. The only problem here is you will significantly shorten the life of the fuel pump/injector units as Jet A1 has a about 50% of the luricity of diesel. Fuel consumption will be slightly higher due to a slightly less calorific value.

Winter diesel as used in cold climates such as Canada is typically upto 25% Jet A1. You can always add a seperate lube additive (2380 is a good one). In fact the US military use a single fuel policy which is JP8, essentially Jet A1 with 3 additives. They use this in aircraft and all "diesel" ground equipment.

Not going to say this is my work, it is copied from another website.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:02 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Price drop alert tomorrow. 2c down. Before Easter, they must have got embarrassed about the raise.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:09 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Winter diesel as used in cold climates such as Canada is typically upto 25% Jet A1. You can always add a seperate lube additive (2380 is a good one). In fact the US military use a single fuel policy which is JP8, essentially Jet A1 with 3 additives. They use this in aircraft and all "diesel" ground equipment.
Friends of mine that run a helicopter operation here use jet fuel and additive in their fleet of diesel work trucks.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:13 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by R I C H
Friends of mine that run a helicopter operation here use jet fuel and additive in their fleet of diesel work trucks.
i have personally used kero in a diesel truck, lots of white smoke initially, but ran ok. I was told at the time that kero is very similar to Avgas? I don't know. i know the military try to have as few fuels as possible so that anything will work with whatever fuel you can get. the czechs used diesel for their russian helos, very smokey.

Last edited by fletcher m; Apr 5th 2012 at 8:15 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

You most certainly can run a piston engine (diesel) on Jet A1. The only problem here is you will significantly shorten the life of the fuel pump/injector units as Jet A1 has a about 50% of the luricity of diesel. Fuel consumption will be slightly higher due to a slightly less calorific value.

Not going to say this is my work, it is copied from another website.
Hmmmm...... Contemplating adding wings to my truck.....
Old Apr 5th 2012, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

Originally Posted by YYZlover
My 19 y/o volvo does roughly 8 litres per 100km. The Hyundai Elantra rental I had in Canada did the same.

Then why do you have an F150?

Insurance can run up to $500 a month as well, depending on what car you have, even if you have a no claims record. A new top of the range Audi A4 or A6 (for example) would be in that range. Even Japanese cars or US cars. Drive more than 15000 km a year and insurance goes up considerably. My old volvo is $700 a year and I have a no claims record. My road tax is $250 a year. A diesel car would be taxed at around $1000-$1500 a year.

Basically, my fuel bill would be cut in half, moving to Canada, while my insurance would probably double or more. I still think I'd save money in the long run.
I drive an f150 as i need it for work and they dont sell the van i need here except the mercedes sprinter which i can not afford the 50 thouand price tag,,,,,,and you cant be in the UK with the insurance prices and road tax prices you are quoting ,,there is not a car on the road in the UK thats $1500 a year!!!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 1:01 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigals
I drive an f150 as i need it for work and they dont sell the van i need here except the mercedes sprinter which i can not afford the 50 thouand price tag,,,,,,and you cant be in the UK with the insurance prices and road tax prices you are quoting ,,there is not a car on the road in the UK thats $1500 a year!!!!!!
She's not. Volvo is a clue.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
She's not. Volvo is a clue.
Mercedes and Renault too
Old Apr 6th 2012, 1:39 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of Volvos and Mercedes in Canada.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigals
The system here used to be that your road tax on a diesel depended on how many miles you drove each year (within sweden). Diesel was also almost half the price of gas per litre. Then they raised the diesel prices and did away with the mileage calculated roadtax. Then they figured Diesel was more harmful to the environment and as more people were driving diesels for the fuel economy, they increased the tax to anywhere between $1000-$1500. It can be cut down in half by registering the car as a truck but then you're only allowed 1 passanger in the car, should remodel it, remove the back seat, add a load grill etc etc. So yes, diesel cars here are high tax vehicles and now diesel cost almost the same as gas. Go figure.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Plenty of Volvos and Mercedes in Canada.
Considering how p*ss*d off I am at my Volvo right now, I'll never own one again ever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.