63.24%
Other
8.82%
None
11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Gaming Systems Poll

Old Oct 29th 2008, 4:46 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaming Systems Poll

Originally Posted by Hobbess
Personally have a 360 but then it's not really geared for a teenage girl. You can get the arcade system these days for less than a Wii though it doens't include a hard-drive which you really should have.

If she's going to play a lot and wants 'good' games that aren't just fun for 5 mins or when you have lots of people round, then get a 360 or a PS3 if you really want a Blu-Ray player. Though Wii does have some quality titles there is a lot of dross and me-too games that have been pumped out without much thought. Get Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Boom Blox and that's about it...

In terms of Rock Band - the wii version on a basic level is ok but it's lacking a lot of the things that make the 360 or PS3 version great, ever expanding downloadable content & online play to name two. Guitar Hero World Tour is just out and is comparable to Rock Band with some good reviews coming out, though the Wii version is again not quite stacking up.

You know the last gaming sytem I had was a grey Gameboy. Daughter has a gameboy and a DS so we really are not hard core gamers. As for the blue ray not bothered about that at all. Hubby seriousley thinks what ever system is bought will be a five minute wonder (I think we should be getting a PS2 for the price and 5 minute wonder aspect) But daughter is wanting a Wii. Her friends have one of each system and it's the Wii she like the best as it's not just sitting pushing buttons.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:23 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever happened to the days of only having one system per family.

Why do some children feel the need for two or more different systems such as PS3, Wii and Xbox 360. Is it the I want, I want generation or just that it's so expensive to design games these days that companies only release them to certain platforms.

I can understand having something like a PSP or DS plus a PS 2 or 3, or a DS plus a Wii, but things aregetting ridiculous.

We're not helping our kids by giving them all these as they're just learning that if they want something, all they have to do is ask. If they want more than one system, tell them to get a job!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CaptainHook

Why do some children feel the need for two or more different systems such as PS3, Wii and Xbox 360. Is it the I want, I want generation or just that it's so expensive to design games these days that companies only release them to certain platforms.

I can understand having something like a PSP or DS plus a PS 2 or 3, or a DS plus a Wii, but things aregetting ridiculous.

We're not helping our kids by giving them all these as they're just learning that if they want something, all they have to do is ask. If they want more than one system, tell them to get a job!
We only have 1 gaming system (if you discount the PC's) for my 4 children to share - we bought them the Wii between all of them last Christmas. I refuse to buy more than one system for them as I don't want to have to buy loads of TV's too, and they can only use 1 at a time on the TV. They have to take turns.

OK so they also have a PC that they also share and they play games on that too.

I am wondering if the reason some people have loads of different games systems is that they buy the latest one each time something new comes out, but don't get rid of the old ones?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:15 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook

The only gaming systems we have are handheld things. My kid always goes to someone elses house to play as her own house is too boring and we haven't got anything to do, so I guess that's why she wants a Wii? I also do not understand the need for more than one (BIG) gaming system - I suppose it's the I must have the latest gadget syndrome?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:24 am
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
You know the last gaming sytem I had was a grey Gameboy. Daughter has a gameboy and a DS so we really are not hard core gamers. As for the blue ray not bothered about that at all. Hubby seriousley thinks what ever system is bought will be a five minute wonder (I think we should be getting a PS2 for the price and 5 minute wonder aspect) But daughter is wanting a Wii. Her friends have one of each system and it's the Wii she like the best as it's not just sitting pushing buttons.
A PS2 is definately not a bad choice, it's cheaper both initially and for any new games, plus it's got the biggest software library out there. A lot of the older games you could pick up on e-bay for less than $10 easily.

I'm still a bit against a Wii as it's not a "gamers" system and I'm betting the % of people still using theirs 3 months after they bought it is less than 30%, no proof just going on friends that have them and what I read.

At the same time I'm also 360 biased and they are aiming to get the more "casual" gamer in, new game coming out is LIPS (preview) which has motion sensitive microphones so like Singstar which is on the PS2.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

MAN2YKF is an unknown quantity at this point

Wii is definatly a family based device.
Playstation is more for the younger male in the family (and some girls)
Xbox 360, very much aimed at the older teen - 60yr old.

I got an Xbox 360 a few months back, often i have the guys around for Beer and a good shoot out (GRAW2).
My neighbour has a Wii for the family (2 young kids), now that he has seen the Xbox, we wants one for himself.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:15 am

AARRGGHHHH!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
AARRGGHHHH!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
Buy her a pony instead
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:59 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
Buy her a pony instead
Old Oct 29th 2008, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
Buy her a pony instead

Nice one!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 9:07 am
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Get a Chintendo Vii or an X-Game 360 instead...
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Summer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really nice

I will chime in as I have had all three main sytems in the past. I currently have an XBox 360, this is where my serious gaming comes in. I did, until recently have a Playstation 2 and considered upgrading to the PS3, but after reading many reviews heard that online gaming wasn't as good as the XBox.
I did have a Wii, but I felt that it was mainly aimed at children, there are some good games on it however, but graphically it doesn't appeal to me.

I am speaking from an Adult POV, so if buying for a younger person and they won't be interested in serious gaming/online play/or bothered about graphics, then I think the Wii is perfectly suitable.

However, I find that the games that are available on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are very varied, unlike the Wii. The Wii controller is also either too sensitive in some games or not enough in others (thinking about the Wii Sports here)

I'm afraid I am hands down an Xbox 360 pusher. The amount of gamplay on this console it teriffic, there are games available for all ages and all types. I prefer war combat (Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War) but I also love Horror (Condemned 2) and the odd sports game (NHL 09). There are definitely games for girls (yes, I am one) and she may surprise herself with the type of game she actually likes.

She has stated she wants a Wii, maybe her friends have this so that is also something to take into consideration.

Oh and I agree with the LIPS game on XBox, I had Singstar and thought this was great. Looking forward to this on the XBox.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:23 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Very sad, I hope the lad is found safe soon.
Sadly not, I fear.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...8-501ee3f87437
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:04 am

How awful. Such a sad sad thing to have happened.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

we boughts a PS3 so we could play our british DVD's on it only to find out it doesnt :-( i thought these things where supposed to be multi regional?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.