Gah.

Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:24 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gah.

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
I can't see the relevance of the question.
Sometimes to see you just need to look.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:29 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I can't engender any sympathy or empathy for the winter whiners here. Most, if not all on here, had the luxury, through t'internet, of learning of the severe, cold winters in most of the country and should have gone to OZ. Once there, they could have whined and moaned about the oppressive heat, so on the Canada forum we wouldn't hear from them again and again and again, ad infinitum.
But, despite that, Brits still want to come here, regardless of reading serious negative posts by you and others.
You're a bit strange really?

I don't know if you have many friends but pretty much everyone I know in Toronto was miserable, fed up and whiney last winter. It is what binds us Toronto folk together. Not enjoying the black ice and wind chill is not at all exclusive to immigrants but shared by all.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:31 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Brits will moan about the weather wherever and whatever it is. National pastime.
Honestly I think Canadians are more weather obsessed than Brits!

Gozit... You'd hate it up here.. -10 already and a few inches of snow already and more forecast all week!
Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:34 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Honestly I think Canadians are more weather obsessed than Brits!

Gozit... You'd hate it up here.. -10 already and a few inches of snow already and more forecast all week!
I was looking at snowboarding stuff today.

Possibly some new gloves and a balaclava for the really cold days.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Euuugh
Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:43 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I can't engender any sympathy or empathy for the winter whiners here. Most, if not all on here, had the luxury, through t'internet, of learning of the severe, cold winters in most of the country and should have gone to OZ. Once there, they could have whined and moaned about the oppressive heat, so on the Canada forum we wouldn't hear from them again and again and again, ad infinitum.
But, despite that, Brits still want to come here, regardless of reading serious negative posts by you and others.
Were you to parse the post you quote, you might divine that I wasn't whining about winter (although I am thoroughly sick of Canadian ones after 30 years) but rather about the intolerant churlishness of Canadians these days.

I specifically referred to Our Glorious Dictator, one S. Harper, because producing this deterioration in the quality of Canada has very clearly been his objective for at least one and a half decades.

On a less important (more trivial) point, the internet hadn't even been dreamt of when I first came here.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:49 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I was looking at snowboarding stuff today.

Possibly some new gloves and a balaclava for the really cold days.
Where do you snowboard?
Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:56 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Where do you snowboard?
My preference is Mount St Louis.

An hour and a half from Downtown.

https://mountstlouis.com/

Really nice facility.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
you wouldn't would you, then again .... what would you know about anything?
I must say that's a stupid response, but given the tenor of many of your prior posts I really shouldn't expect anything better from you.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Sometimes to see you just need to look.
Did you write this sitting on a bar stool?
Old Nov 16th 2014, 2:18 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

James has almost always been drinking. As have I. How about you?

It's just that some of us can hold it.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 2:50 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

This is silly, everyone complains about the winter, even those cradles who love the scenery of Saskatchewan and the music of Cancon bands. It's an unpleasent feature of the country.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 3:02 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Shut up....some of us ended up in tender relations, married with children involved...and a lot of international experience that didn't involve dealing with a bloody snowbelt! I (just because I am English too) put up with people like you whining about bloody gravy granuals? etc...I didn't want to stay in whining Britain (i left a long time ago, for a 'proper' life of travel and adventure...did you, or would you, had you had the chance?) but I'd sure prefer any strange continent to one with you in it! You are one negative moaner
Old Nov 16th 2014, 3:11 am
Dive Bar Drunk

I've been known to enjoy sweet potato fries at Hooters every now and then.

Did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning? You seem to have a chip on your shoulder this evening. Is it the weather?
Old Nov 16th 2014, 3:18 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
James has almost always been drinking. As have I. How about you?

It's just that some of us can hold it.
I think a certain someone needs a drink.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.