Gaddafi

Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:49 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gaddafi

http://live-news.sky.com/Event/Live_...ddafi_Captured

Any tributes for the fella????

It's good that he was taken out internally. I hope the Libyan's now enjoy some peaceful years of law, order and growing prosperity!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:54 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaddafi

I might be way off base with this one, but I think he was if nothing else a great example for all men considering plastic surgery who might be concerned that their friends will poke fun at their vanity. Perhaps second only to the much lamented MJ...

Good luck to the Libyans, I hope that they make a good fist of it, but fear more turmoil in the long term as always seems to happen when the west helps change the balance of power in a region.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:22 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

One of the few James Bond villain leaders the world had left and his unique brand of flamboyant insanity will be missed. Sure, he was a ruthless and brutal dictator, but that's just nit picking imo.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:54 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

A man who took the sartorial importance of dictatorship to new levels. If you're gonna be the Main Man, then you should damn well dress like the Main Man.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 4:11 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

He may have been a despot but he kept the lid on the fanatics, as did Saddam and a few others that were propped-up bt the West.

This is all going to turn nasty.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
One of the few James Bond villain leaders the world had left and his unique brand of flamboyant insanity will be missed. Sure, he was a ruthless and brutal dictator, but that's just nit picking imo.
I'll miss the little fellow. What with the fembot bodyguards and his Ukrainian nurse, he was quite the character.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:42 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian related? Anyhoo....until the REAL pictures surface, it never happened. Am waiting to hear that the body was buried at sea just like Osama
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:44 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Canadian related?
Gaddafi had Canadian relatives?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:47 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
I believe his mother was originally from Red Deer.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:50 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator

I knew you were right behind me, when are you going to get it that I don't swing that way?

I was asking if the thread is Canadian related, normally a thread like that will be moved
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian related? Anyhoo....until the REAL pictures surface, it never happened. Am waiting to hear that the body was buried at sea just like Osama
Canadian forces were or are out there enabling this arent they? But some people get the benefit of the doubt cos they dont actualy start crap threads all the time.

There are pictures. Frankly Im sick of seeing his bloodied head on every news outlet I click on.

Personally my wishy washy liberal position is I would much rather have seen him dragged up on trial to face charges for what he did in libya and internationally, rather then get killed execution style with a 9mm as we are led to believe. Still, too much to hope for, not with a $1M bounty on his head.

Cant help but think that an extra-judicial execution is hardly the greatest foundation to build a new, just, democratic nation upon, but fingers crossed anyway.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by iaink
Canadian forces were or are out there enabling this arent they? But some people get the benefit of the doubt cos they dont actualy start crap threads all the time.

There are pictures. Frankly Im sick of seeing his bloodied head on every news outlet I click on.

Personally my wishy washy liberal position is I would much rather have seen him dragged up on trial to face charges for what he did in libya and internationally, rather then get killed execution style with a 9mm as we are led to believe. Still, too much to hope for, not with a $1M bounty on his head.

Cant help but think that an extra-judicial execution is hardly the greatest foundation to build a new, just, democratic nation upon, but fingers crossed anyway.

Canadian Forces are in Libya enabling this? There were pictures 2 months ago too claiming he is dead
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:01 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Canadian Forces are in Libya enabling this? There were pictures 2 months ago too claiming he is dead
Not IN Libya , but they were flying around in F18s unless I am unusually wide of the mark.

Go ahead, believe what you want.

Its a moot point, people who dont habitually start crap drive by threads dont find the threads moved to prevent the endless discussion of the poster rather than the post, so as far as Im concerned any Canadian connection is incidental.

Last edited by iaink; Oct 20th 2011 at 7:04 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:06 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Not IN Libya , but they were flying around in F18s unless I am unusually wide of the mark.

Go ahead, believe what you want.
CF is on operation MOBILE, part of operation UNIFIED PROTECTOR in Libya. We are represented by:
CF-188 Hornets
CC-150 Polaris
CC-130J Hercules
CP-140 Aurora
HMCS Vancouver,
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:09 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Pardon my French "CF-188", not at all the same thing as an F18 Im sure.

Bilingual airbag stickers perhaps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.