Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Gable Tostee of Tinder

Gable Tostee of Tinder

Old Oct 19th 2016, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gable Tostee of Tinder

Originally Posted by bats
Why blame her for using Tinder?

The recording sounded as if he was trying to throttle her to restrain her which seems rather excessive give the difference in sizes and strengths. All he had to do was pick her up and put her outside.

Yesterday I read that the jury couldn't reach a decision, I'll see what I can find today.
I don't get that. I read that she was mainly the attacker of him. He told her to leave but she just started attacking him again. Yes he should have ultimately used his superior strength to throw her out the door not throw her onto the balcony, but perhaps the balcony was more accessible, I don't know.

I have not listened to the transcript as I don't believe it is available, but I have read that he was almost gentlemanly in the face of her abuse.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 6:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I don't get that. I read that she was mainly the attacker of him. He told her to leave but she just started attacking him again. Yes he should have ultimately used his superior strength to throw her out the door not throw her onto the balcony, but perhaps the balcony was more accessible, I don't know.

I have not listened to the transcript as I don't believe it is available, but I have read that he was almost gentlemanly in the face of her abuse.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=recor...tostee&tbm=vid

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 19th 2016 at 6:13 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 4:10 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Why blame her for using Tinder?
No one is blaming her for using Tinder, you just have to be careful if you are going back with someone you don't know.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 4:51 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
No one is blaming her for using Tinder, you just have to be careful if you are going back with someone you don't know.
You do when you know them too. To me this sounds rather like too short a skirt is asking for it. This man sounds awful, I've been googling and it seems he gave her his home distilled vodka to drink. Then when she was saying she was out of her head drunk he gave her more.
No doubt more will come out once the verdict is given. I can't imagine it would be murder.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Verdict in: NOT GUILTY
Old Oct 20th 2016, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Verdict in: NOT GUILTY
That is the correct outcome. It was a terrible, alcohol induced accident.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. As tragic as her death is, I don't believe it was anything more than an accident.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 11:07 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Thought so too until I read what wasn't told at court. I'm thinking worse will come and one day there will be the all too familiar aussie cry, " why didn't someone intervene?"

Gable Tostee verdict: What the jury who acquitted him wasn’t told
Old Oct 20th 2016, 2:41 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

You do when you know them too.
but...more so when you only know them from a photo online!
Old Oct 20th 2016, 2:44 pm
Bex in the city

Although he didnt push her off. I dont think he was completely blameless.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 2:47 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

He was found not guilty but only after long deliberation. I'd have said manslaughter myself. He sounds a totally despicable character who should take some responsibility for his part in this.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 2:50 pm
Bex in the city

He sounds a totally despicable character who should take some responsibility for his part in this.
He one of those jock types that thinks he's good looking and obviously has money I guess. - Didn't he have a tanning bed on his balcony on one of the pictures?
Old Oct 20th 2016, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

He was found not guilty but only after long deliberation. I'd have said manslaughter myself. He sounds a totally despicable character who should take some responsibility for his part in this.
Why manslaughter (English or Canadian)?
Old Oct 20th 2016, 3:42 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Thought so too until I read what wasn't told at court. I'm thinking worse will come and one day there will be the all too familiar aussie cry, " why didn't someone intervene?"

Gable Tostee verdict: What the jury who acquitted him wasn’t told
That certainly paints him in a different light.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 4:32 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Incidents like this are accidents waiting to happen...

Birds of a feather....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.