G*D D*mn Mosquitoes!

Old May 19th 2011, 10:31 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G*D D*mn Mosquitoes!

Originally Posted by Tangram
Is that because of the smog in the GTA ?
We're not a-having smog in Richmond Hill either.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

I moved from the UK to avoid allergies to tree pollen (mostly UK only trees like ash and beech)... I could seriously consider moving to avoid the biting insects as well!
Old May 19th 2011, 10:46 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Perhaps the Blue one (Deep Woods Sportsmen) might be better in the one ounce pump.

The Green ones only contain a maximum of 25% DEET.

Just a thought.
That I didn't know. Green seems to work ell enough for me though and I don't get on too well with deet in strong doses, gives me A-fib for some weird reason.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:48 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GavinR
That I didn't know. Green seems to work ell enough for me though and I don't get on too well with deet in strong doses, gives me A-fib for some weird reason.
Major oops...no way I want to be responsible for that.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:53 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Major oops...no way I want to be responsible for that.
It is rather strange, especially since deet is supposed to have little or no effect on humans. I seem to be ok with in in low doses as long as I keep taking the betablockers!
Old May 19th 2011, 11:21 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It is rather strange, especially since deet is supposed to have little or no effect on humans. I seem to be ok with in in low doses as long as I keep taking the betablockers!
Jesus. Move somewhere sensible.
Old May 19th 2011, 11:26 pm
Meh

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Jesus. Move somewhere sensible.
I don't think my move to the Bahamas will fulfil that criteria.
Old May 19th 2011, 11:37 pm
Born again atheist

I don't think my move to the Bahamas will fulfil that criteria.
It should be a marginal improvement.
Old May 20th 2011, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

I thought he meant to a-Richmond Hill? You could be neighbours...
Old May 20th 2011, 2:28 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

7 bites on the face today - thats fun.

Found another two on the back of my head. How did they get through all the hair is what I want to know.

Last edited by mandymoochops; May 20th 2011 at 2:35 am.
Old May 20th 2011, 3:36 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by debbiem
I thought he meant to a-Richmond Hill? You could be neighbours...
Oh no. I have neighbours enough. None of them are quite so right wing as Gavin though.

The Bahamas have just as few mozzies as here,
Old May 20th 2011, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

B91212 is on a distinguished road

According to the radio yesterday, the mosquitoes that we are currently "enjoying" in Alberta at the moment (think they called them first hatches or something) are a particularly nasty breed, who are pretty aggressive in nature compared to the later season ones. They also said that they don't tend to follow the dawn/dusk rule as much as the others and are generally around all day.

They did say that they don't tend to last the whole season and they also don't carry West Nile Virus, which I suppose is a bonus. I find the Green spray works pretty well for me too (when I remember to put it on).
Old May 21st 2011, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

Maintenance flew out the window.
Are they that afraid of wasps?
Old May 21st 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie
I am sure I read somewhere that we were not going to have many mozzies this year (think it was on the CBC Calgary pages but can't be totally sure)...

So can someone explain just why I got eaten to death by them on a very short 5 minute walk yesterday evening??? I have counted over 30 separate bites!

I have huge, itchy red lumps everywhere, some of them oozing (NICE!)....

I know I am allergic to mozzie bites but surely I shouldn't have been bitten this badly if mozzies were going to be in short supply due to the cold weather over the winter etc...
Mosquitos were pretty bad at Nose Hill Park yesterday morning. A few at Edworthy Park. I don't remember them being as bad this time last year.
Old May 21st 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
Mosquitos were pretty bad at Nose Hill Park yesterday morning. A few at Edworthy Park. I don't remember them being as bad this time last year.
I went to Nose hill late yesterday morning and the bugs were the worst I have experienced in 3 1/2 years here. They were outrageous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.