Reload this Page >

Freelance PR/Communications/Marketing work

Wikiposts

Freelance PR/Communications/Marketing work

Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Freelance PR/Communications/Marketing work

Hi - I will be returning to the GTA on 17 May with my husband who has received PR status!! I am on the look out for permanent or contract work in PR/marketing. I am using the usual sites for job hunting and sending sending speculative letters to those companies I would like to work for. Long term my goal is self employment and in the short term I am hoping to secure some contract/project work to keep us going.

I have 11 years PR/communications experience in public and private sector. I am used to working at both an operational and strategic level. My work has won awards in England. I would really appreciate it if anyone knows of companies that are looking for short-term support they could let me know. I will take on projects large and small. I am as comfortable running a press office, developing marketing materials or organising special events as I am writing integrated marketing communications strategies.

Thank you for your support.

Last edited by CanadianLove; Apr 25th 2011 at 7:39 am.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 11:39 am
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freelance PR/Communications/Marketing work

Originally Posted by CanadianLove
I will take on projects large and small. I am as comfortable running a press office, developing marketing materials or organising special events as I am writing integrated marketing communications strategies.
.... as a marketing professional, and sometime freelancer, I would say that it would be very difficult for you to get freelance work here without having a network to recommend you, or a pool of potential clients. Most freelancing work is allocated to people that already have contacts either through friendship or professional recommendations. Also, it's very difficult to maintain full time hours on the odd freelance job. The former employee doing my job is freelancing, and reports are that they are finding it very difficult to make it pay. The market for freelance positions is a lot smaller in Toronto/ the GTA than London and the South East.

That being said, I can recommend the creative group - part of Robert Half, as a source of potential short/ medium term contracts. IIRC their url is www.thecreativegroup.com

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - I have been getting back in touch with ex-colleagues to let them now I am going to be back and available.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent you a PM as I have a contact for you for some PR work in Ottawa if you're interested?