Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Fredericton, NB weather patterns

Fredericton, NB weather patterns

Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold
Default Fredericton, NB weather patterns

Hi! I have come across this historic data for Fredericton:
http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc....6157&autofwd=1
It looks like it rains there 50% of the time in summer months. In fact, precipitation is much higher than in London, for example. Not that it would affect our decision to settle there if everything works out with our application and employment. Canadian vs British weather consideration wasn't high on our list of reasons for emigrating, but I would still like to be prepared and not expect warm sunny days throughout the summer (as some of the verbal, non-statistical descriptions of NB might lead you to believe), and just make my peace with the fact that it must be my destiny and wherever I might go, non-stop summer rain misery and cold would follow me...
Old Aug 5th 2010, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

helcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fredericton, NB weather patterns

Originally Posted by Zhanna
Hi! I have come across this historic data for Fredericton:
http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc....6157&autofwd=1
It looks like it rains there 50% of the time in summer months. In fact, precipitation is much higher than in London, for example. Not that it would affect our decision to settle there if everything works out with our application and employment. Canadian vs British weather consideration wasn't high on our list of reasons for emigrating, but I would still like to be prepared and not expect warm sunny days throughout the summer (as some of the verbal, non-statistical descriptions of NB might lead you to believe), and just make my peace with the fact that it must be my destiny and wherever I might go, non-stop summer rain misery and cold would follow me...
Don't believe everything you read - this summer has been HOT and HUMID! We've had the odd day or two of rain, but nothing persistent. We had two weeks of 28-34c, with the humidex between 34-40c. Air conditioning helps a lot

The last two years weren't quite so good. In 2009 July was bad and August was good and 2008 July was good and August was bad. I think you will always get hot days during the summer, it's just the amount that will vary. This year has been great. At least the rain keeps everything green.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 2:46 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

forecast for the next 2 weeks.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fou...qlink_st_14day
Old Aug 5th 2010, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody typical..we head off on two weeks hols, only to be faced by slightly below average temps.

Hope these weather guru's are correct...a bit cooler will be a welcome change.