Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The force is strong in Glasgow

The force is strong in Glasgow

Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

celtic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default The force is strong in Glasgow

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8003067.stm
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The force is strong in Glasgow

Originally Posted by celtic warrior
I wouldn't read too much into it...

Thinking back a number of years, we were paraded at my local office as the Chief Constable was paying one of his rare visits...He went along the ranks making the usual small talk with the every 2nd or third cop in the line until he came to one who shall remain nameless and asked. "and what is your ambition young man? Said young man replies..."I want to be an Astronaut Sir". Well, the parade just rolled up! it was hilarious and the guy did not have buy a beer for a while after that one. It is now firmly ensconced in local Station folk lore....and beyond.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

celtic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian

Thinking back a number of years, we were paraded at my local office as the Chief Constable was paying one of his rare visits...He went along the ranks making the usual small talk with the every 2nd or third cop in the line until he came to one who shall remain nameless and asked. "and what is your ambition young man? Said young man replies..."I want to be an Astronaut Sir". Well, the parade just rolled up! it was hilarious and the guy did not have buy a beer for a while after that one. It is now firmly ensconced in local Station folk lore....and beyond.

Brilliant !

You would'nt happen to be the said young man would you now

common, tell the truth now !
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:27 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian

Kind of reminds me of the Bill Bailey joke about the list of the 50 things people aspire to do before they die

No 42 - Walk on the moon

To which Bill quips "conveniently forgetting to become an astronaut then?"

oooh and another one of Bills "They say there's a fine line between genius and insanity - not true - the guy you see shuffling down the street with balloons tied to his ears is hardly going home to invent a rocket is he"
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

And on the theme of police acting like they were in storm wars, an anonymous copper has just won the Orwell prize back home for his brilliant blog in which amongst other pearls he ponders on how policemen went from "truncheons to tasers in a generation" and how they now "dress like Imperial Stormtroopers".

IMHO it's really worth a read.

http://nightjack.wordpress.com/