Football Coaching

Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:16 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Football Coaching

Does anyone have any experience of football coaching of youth football in canada particularly in ontario?

in my spare time i am the coach of our local under10s boys football team which my son plays for..i am a qualified FA coach with child protection and first aid etc..and would like to carry this on when we finally get 2 canada in the next few months.

i have done some ground work and found a few youth leagues and clubs in our area...so im jus wondering if anyone here has done the same or wants do the same thing?...im hoping that because im english and played a good standard of football until injury forced me to retire from playing..and being a qualified coach may give me an advantage when lookin?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Coaching

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Does anyone have any experience of football coaching of youth football in canada particularly in ontario?

in my spare time i am the coach of our local under10s boys football team which my son plays for..i am a qualified FA coach with child protection and first aid etc..and would like to carry this on when we finally get 2 canada in the next few months.

i have done some ground work and found a few youth leagues and clubs in our area...so im jus wondering if anyone here has done the same or wants do the same thing?...im hoping that because im english and played a good standard of football until injury forced me to retire from playing..and being a qualified coach may give me an advantage when lookin?
Hiya Cheeky

This has been asked before and specifically for Ontario.

Think the posting was in the Canada forum but can't seem to find the thread . Here is the main Ontario Soccer website just in case you have seen it. I know that when we were researching a team for our son to play in in Alberta their site had all types of links to other teams

http://www.soccer.on.ca/

Gaynor
x
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

My husband has started coaching kids soccer here recentley. But its only a small town club, there are no seasons here like what they had in UK but not sure if that is just because of where we are. It is just starting when weather OK and lasts for 16 weeks.
My husband has never coached before but played sunday league football for years in UK... he has found some of the rules they are using here different... but again i am not sure if just coz a small town club.
My husband only volunteered because we wanted our daughter to join and they did not have enough coaches.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:15 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey

You are vastly over qualified!

I got drafted in for the timbits last year based on my accent alone...ages 3 to 5. No experience necessary.

It was actually great fun. I expect Ill get another go this year. Its kind of hard to find a list of clubs on the site but pretty much every small town has a minor soccer club of some kind. Even tiny Stirling (pop 4500) fields 6 timbits sides and what seems like about 20 other youth teams. There is a list of regional associations here:

http://www.itsportsnet.com/league.ph...=5262&cache=no

and each association has a whole bunch of clubs associated with it.

One thing I learned quickly coaching littleones was the importance of having at least one ball per kid in the group, and to keep it as simpl e and fun as possible with a few simple games like red light green light. To be honest, having to play a ten minute game at the end of each session was almost an inconvenience, as the bigger kids in the group tended to take the ball and "stuff it up there jumper" as it were, leaving the smaller kids pretty bored, picking the daisys or whatever. At that age its all huddleball anyway

Last edited by iaink; Apr 19th 2007 at 9:36 pm.