Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

BE folks get everywhere.

BE folks get everywhere.

Old Dec 17th 2018, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default BE folks get everywhere.

I was unfortunate enough to end up at the Emergency Room of our local hospital yesterday. The nurse checking me in is a fellow BE member. She recognised my name from the site, although we had never met before.
Having someone around to share a joke with really helped to ease the whole experience. BE is amazing.
Old Dec 17th 2018, 2:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE folks get everywhere.

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
I was unfortunate enough to end up at the Emergency Room of our local hospital yesterday. The nurse checking me in is a fellow BE member. She recognised my name from the site, although we had never met before.
Having someone around to share a joke with really helped to ease the whole experience. BE is amazing.
Sorry to hear you were in Emergency, hope you're ok now. Amazing coincidence, and really nice, that you met up with one of BE's flock!
Old Dec 17th 2018, 7:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Soz you were in an ER but the other bit is just fab .

Waving to the BE nurse that looked after and chatted with HGerchikov yesterday

Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year and hope you get some time off .

Old Dec 18th 2018, 1:47 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you are on the mend!
Old Dec 18th 2018, 5:24 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Agh! Hope it was nothing too serious and that you are recovered and doing ok now... how lovely though to have a friendly face there to help you through it..

BE's a wonderful place indeed .

Old Dec 18th 2018, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to think that unless it was in a social setting most BE members would not want to meet me in my current employment position
Old Dec 18th 2018, 11:07 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

You see, that's how the stereotypes of all British people knowing each other, much beloved of Canadians get formed. You know the thing "Oh you're from England? Do you know my Aunt Pat from Manchester?"

(Sorry to hear that you had cause to go to the ER. Hope all is well now).
Old Dec 18th 2018, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
You see, that's how the stereotypes of all British people knowing each other, much beloved of Canadians get formed. You know the thing "Oh you're from England? Do you know my Aunt Pat from Manchester?"

(Sorry to hear that you had cause to go to the ER. Hope all is well now).
There were a few confused faces amongst the other nurses and doctors as we discussed people with very weird sounding names.
Thank you all for the good wishes. I managed to break and dislocate my ankle. Off to the bigger hospital this morning to have it operated on. Wonder if there are any BE folks there.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:16 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh ow! Hope the op went well.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

TI managed to break and dislocate my ankle.
*shudder*
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:07 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the injury and the op, hope you're all good now

Until you mentioned what happened, I had visions of an armed (winged?) rebellion by the ducks
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to that map we had of where members (those wishing to be identified anyway lol) stayed? Is it still kicking around somewhere?
Old Dec 19th 2018, 5:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...I managed to break and dislocate my ankle. Off to the bigger hospital this morning to have it operated on. Wonder if there are any BE folks there.
My MIL broke her ankle just before xmas a couple of years ago. Make sure you take full advantage of follow up physiotherapy.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 7:57 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Get well soon!!!
Old Dec 20th 2018, 5:32 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlliF
What happened to that map we had of where members (those wishing to be identified anyway lol) stayed? Is it still kicking around somewhere?

Sadly I believe it became a site where they required payment..
Here's the link to it https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=926356

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.