Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Fleeing individual from Child support

Fleeing individual from Child support

Old Nov 8th 2011, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fleeing individual from Child support

Originally Posted by siouxie
It isn't the child Support Agency in the UK who would persue this, the parent who is owed support would apply personally through the court in the UK for an order and would submit that to a specific Agency that deal with reciprocal arrangements, who would forward it to the Canadian Province Child Support Agency. It isn't easy but can be done as proved by several people on the forum I gave the link to.
If the CSA is involved there isn't a Court Order (unless things have changed since I left) that was supposed to be one of the benefits of the system. If there is a Court Order, turning the English/Welsh Order into a (insert appropriate Province) one is relatively straightforward. Enforcing the new Order then depends upon that Province's Maintenance Enforcement Program.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 2:02 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fleeing individual from Child support

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Hey, the CSA can't even track down absent parents or enforce maintenance payments in the UK. Anything that's a bit too much trouble and they just don't bother. Don't get me started
I'm with you here!