British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Flavoured Coffee (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/flavoured-coffee-877104/)

bats May 7th 2016 1:40 am

Flavoured Coffee

Why?

MarkG May 7th 2016 1:43 am

Re: Flavoured Coffee

Because coffee tastes bad?

Stinkypup May 7th 2016 1:58 am

Originally Posted by bats (Post 11941774)
Why?

Great question that I frequently ask myself- we buy coffee for our staff once in a blue moon and they come up with all sorts of revolting concoctions, most of which will rot teeth at a hundred paces.

Originally Posted by MarkG (Post 11941777)
Because coffee tastes bad?

Mark.. I'm hoping that you are joshing:sneaky:

kimilseung May 7th 2016 2:46 am

North America never seems happy with flavour. Neither natural not traditional concoctions. It always has to be enhanced or built upon. Coffee, ice cream, everything seems to need something extra.

Oakvillian May 7th 2016 2:47 am

Originally Posted by bats (Post 11941774)
Why?

Because it is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord, and people who drink such disgusting concoctions have been possessed by Beelzebub himself? Seems about as rational a reason as any other why people would want to put that crap in a perfectly good cup of coffee...

bats May 7th 2016 3:05 am

A cup of French vanilla double hazelnut frappe with maple cream and strawberry sprinkles please?

I think not.

Siouxie May 7th 2016 6:40 am

Plain black coffee for me, no milk, no cream, no 50/50, no sugar, no sweetenere. Just plain, black.

Flavoured coffee is an abomination, I agree.

Shard May 7th 2016 10:16 am

Topical. Just bought two jars of flavoured coffee, French Vanilla and Chocolate Caramel. I find it makes a nice change from tea or coffee, and can be a substitute from having a piece of chocolate or cookie. Very rarely order a flavoured coffee in a shop, but not immune to it.

https://www.wearelittles.com/

BristolUK May 7th 2016 11:08 am

I thought Bats' original comment summed it up very well. Then Oakvillian topped it. Not with sprinkles.

Siouxie reminded me of

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TG: OR tea!
My stepson makes an abomination sometimes. When poured it smells horrible. I tell him I have to get my hazmat suit on.

Occasionally he leaves his pod in the Keurig for me to find - I use it as a supplemental to my coffee pot - and I have sometimes made myself a cup of instant, just using it for the hot water, and nearly being poisoned.

Bleurgh!

plasticcanuck May 7th 2016 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11941867)
Plain black coffee for me, no milk, no cream, no 50/50, no sugar, no sweetenere. Just plain, black.

Flavoured coffee is an abomination, I agree.

+1 and I think Instant Coffee is an abomination.

scrubbedexpat133 May 7th 2016 1:28 pm

In the US I was asked if I was sure that I wanted milk in my coffee not cream!!

I cant understand the flavoured coffee thing at all. It seems that they want a hot drink with caffeine that just tastes of sickly sweetness. I would think that once you have had a few its probably addictive!! To think we are told that Heroin is bad for you!! :rofl:

BristolUK May 7th 2016 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck (Post 11942006)
+1 and I think Instant Coffee is an abomination.

There are several instant coffees in the UK that are pretty good.

Not so much in Canada.

I know that must hurt.

Former Lancastrian May 7th 2016 1:54 pm

How about those who get a flavoured coffee say at 7 - 11 and then put in some more flavour by adding that stuff from the bottles or plastic dispensers.

caretaker May 7th 2016 2:07 pm

On a road trip if I get coffee at 7-11 I'll put about 4 French Vanilla or Hazelnut into an xxl, I'm after the caffine, not the coffee necessarily.

scrubbedexpat133 May 7th 2016 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 11942038)
On a road trip if I get coffee at 7-11 I'll put about 4 French Vanilla or Hazelnut into an xxl, I'm after the caffine, not the coffee necessarily.

Pro Plus ??