Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

First Mosquito of 2008

First Mosquito of 2008

Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light
Angry First Mosquito of 2008

Just got dive bombed by a bleeding mozy :curse:, must be a sign of spring here in Calgary.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:05 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First Mosquito of 2008

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
Just got dive bombed by a bleeding mozy :curse:, must be a sign of spring here in Calgary.

It's just Mother Nature's way of saying, 'I love you, Journeyman Electrician. Feed my creatures now and I'll make sure no grizzly bear humps your ass this summer'.

There now, don't you feel more special?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:13 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Feed my creatures now and I'll make sure no grizzly bear humps your ass this summer.
But maybe he wanted the bear instead. He should have at least had a choice.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
It's just Mother Nature's way of saying, 'I love you, Journeyman Electrician. Feed my creatures now and I'll make sure no grizzly bear humps your ass this summer'.

There now, don't you feel more special?
Thankyou oh wise one, I thought that it may just be a sign of a bug swarming great summer. Now I shall go ponder lifes great tapestry here in the brave new world (well newish).
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
But maybe he wanted the bear instead. He should have at least had a choice.
Maybe I don't swing that way, especially as I don't support Arsenal.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:30 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

We also saw a mozzie yesterday and couldn't quite believe it - there is still snow!

Oh well, off to get some bug spray
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

We saw a bee and several flies. Spring springs north.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

MrsP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Just have to ask you about the Canadian Mozzies

I have heard they are bad over there and must admit it worries me, I went to Scotland a couple of years ago and got bitten to death and driven insane by the damn things, I must have sweet blood as they adore me whereas hubby never gets bitten (always telling him he's rotten lol)

We have not decided on which province/area we are moving too yet, just waiting to find the right job, are some provinces worse than others for mozzies, are they worse near lakes etc, does the repellant actually work over there (it didn't in Scotland)?

May sound silly that Mozzies worry me but any info/advice would be appreciated

MrsP