Feeling in Limbo...

Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feeling in Limbo...

Hey Guys!!

I haven't posted for oh - at least a week !! and frankly my move to Canada is in a 'lull' period.

House is on the market - 5 viewings in 4 weeks, but no movement. I'm re-marketing it with diff agent when my 6 weeks sign up finishes - actually I'll use them in tandem...

So, until I get a real feel for the sale, and if it will happen, or if I need to rent it, I am feeling really in Limbo.

Anyone else Limbo-ing at the moment? Are there things I should / could be doing to quicken things up?

Hope everyone else is doing OK!

Bx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling in Limbo...

Originally Posted by bandit
Hey Guys!!

I haven't posted for oh - at least a week !! and frankly my move to Canada is in a 'lull' period.

House is on the market - 5 viewings in 4 weeks, but no movement. I'm re-marketing it with diff agent when my 6 weeks sign up finishes - actually I'll use them in tandem...

So, until I get a real feel for the sale, and if it will happen, or if I need to rent it, I am feeling really in Limbo.

Anyone else Limbo-ing at the moment? Are there things I should / could be doing to quicken things up?

Bx
Hi Bandit,

Its such a waiting game, but thats great going getting them through the door, any feedback from the agents ?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:06 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys!!

Bx
Two months on the market and one viewing, so you are doing better than us. As CP said what is agent feedback???

Same as you hun, well and truly in limbo land, PO with estate agents, media and anyone who won't view/buy my house.

We are not sure what to do for the best, hoping and praying for a move in the market....

Positive mental attitude and all that crap..... Fingers crossed.

Charlie
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:13 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by purple80
Two months on the market and one viewing, so you are doing better than us. As CP said what is agent feedback???

Same as you hun, well and truly in limbo land, PO with estate agents, media and anyone who won't view/buy my house.

We are not sure what to do for the best, hoping and praying for a move in the market....

Positive mental attitude and all that crap..... Fingers crossed.

Charlie
well we are in same boat -BUT we are hoping with the release of the 50 million ( i think) to the banks for mortages today that will make a difference and that things might get moving again

fingers crossed
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tanah
well we are in same boat -BUT we are hoping with the release of the 50 million ( i think) to the banks for mortages today that will make a difference and that things might get moving again

fingers crossed
I know got everything crossed, fingers, legs, and eyes.....

Charlie
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

General feedback from Agent is about the area... Well, they priced it and supposedly took into consideration that there is a Local Auth estate nearby.....

I am pleased at least I've had people through the door....

I've got everything crossed too.... And hoping the Bank of England will ease this crunch....

Bx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:52 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Same here - I'm waiting for a firm job offer to come through and the house has been on the market a week, but no viewings as yet....

It's not good being in limbo land
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

General feedback from Agent is about the area... Well, they priced it and supposedly took into consideration that there is a Local Auth estate nearby.....

I am pleased at least I've had people through the door....

I've got everything crossed too.... And hoping the Bank of England will ease this crunch....

Bx
You could lower the price and see what happens, if you can cope with the loss ask the estate agent to halve the loss by lowering his percentage,

Better for them to sell at a smaller profit than lose your custom ?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
You could lower the price and see what happens, if you can cope with the loss ask the estate agent to halve the loss by lowering his percentage,

Better for them to sell at a smaller profit than lose your custom ?
Hey - well, I have another agent coming over on Thursday night (they valued it but didn't go with them)... to decide on a new marketing plan. I can take a cut in price (to an degree), and I'll play them off each other perhaps!!!

Bx
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:04 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Hey - well, I have another agent coming over on Thursday night (they valued it but didn't go with them)... to decide on a new marketing plan. I can take a cut in price (to an degree), and I'll play them off each other perhaps!!!

Bx
Have you thought about offering some of a deposit? so if you get the asking price you then essentially knock off the percentage you decide upon.

So if your house is up for £100,000 as a vendor you offer to pay the 5% deposit. So the buyer gets a loan to value of 95% = £95,000. It saves you taking the price down visually but it will allow more mortgage applications to go through....more buyers, more chance of sale.

Just a thought, your estate agent should be able to give you a better idea.

Tasha
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Littletashy
Have you thought about offering some of a deposit? so if you get the asking price you then essentially knock off the percentage you decide upon.

So if your house is up for £100,000 as a vendor you offer to pay the 5% deposit. So the buyer gets a loan to value of 95% = £95,000. It saves you taking the price down visually but it will allow more mortgage applications to go through....more buyers, more chance of sale.

Tasha
I like that idea, might discuss that with our agent see what they say.

Charlie
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tasha
Thats a great idea for first time buyers look at what the big companies like whimpy etc are offering like legal costs etc if it falls withing your budget then go for it,
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:20 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Thats a great idea for first time buyers look at what the big companies like whimpy etc are offering like legal costs etc if it falls withing your budget then go for it,
HA HA see i'm not just a pritty face
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HA HA see i'm not just a pritty face
Or a pretty face

We were thinking of having an open house when ours is done, need to get some of those shoe covers first though

off to get another chandelier for the summer house yep you heard right

getting the decking lights in, going to make this house so lovely no one will be able to resist
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:23 pm
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

Or a pretty face

We were thinking of having an open house when ours is done, need to get some of those shoe covers first though

off to get another chandelier for the summer house yep you heard right

getting the decking lights in, going to make this house so lovely no one will be able to resist
Then you'll sell it to a developer who will waltz in with a bolldozer...:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.