Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

feel like we are treading water

feel like we are treading water

Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:35 am
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of
Default feel like we are treading water

does anyone else feel like this ?? we have our PR now and just want to go but hubby isnt having much luck getting a job and its all so frustrating !!!!! ggrrrr i wanna scream , we are trying to sell or rent the house and it just seems we are walking one one way and everything else is goin in the opposite direction
so has anyone else felt this way or is it just me ? i really thought it would be LESS stresseful once we got our PR
we might end up just going with out a job but would much rather have one even if its not brilliant it will take some of the stressout until he can get his red seal (which at the moment i hate the red tape of the qualification system !! ) even though i knew we had all this to come its just so bloddy frustating

right i best go before my rant turns into war and peace , lol
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: feel like we are treading water

I know exactly how you feel. Its like pieces of a puzzle. Now our grandson is born we are just waiting for the last piece to fall into place. The house sale is taking a lot longer then we thought.
Like you I may just go over in a couple of months anyway and leave the rest to sort itself out.
But yeah like you I sometimes feel we have got so far and then......... nothing.
Good Luck
Tina
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

mayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deenailz
does anyone else feel like this ?? we have our PR now and just want to go but hubby isnt having much luck getting a job and its all so frustrating !!!!! ggrrrr i wanna scream , we are trying to sell or rent the house and it just seems we are walking one one way and everything else is goin in the opposite direction
so has anyone else felt this way or is it just me ? i really thought it would be LESS stresseful once we got our PR
we might end up just going with out a job but would much rather have one even if its not brilliant it will take some of the stressout until he can get his red seal (which at the moment i hate the red tape of the qualification system !! ) even though i knew we had all this to come its just so bloddy frustating

Hi deenailz
I know exactly what you mean we got our Visas last week and I'm in a worse state now that I ever was. Trying to find work for hubby, sell house, find somewhere new to live which you cannot decide till you know where you are going to work. I am now going round in circles.

PM if you want vent some more.

All the best for your journey.

Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:01 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I would say rent out the house and come over anyway - if you have PR your hubby can do ANY job to cover the bills whilst he gets his red seal and finds a job. At least you will be here then!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:20 pm

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

i know hun but its scary thinking we wont have jobs to go to , but we are pretty resigned to the fact that , it might have to be that way
we have even applied for jobs in different areas of canada which i didnt really wanna do but needs must and all that , lol x
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

i know hun but its scary thinking we wont have jobs to go to , but we are pretty resigned to the fact that , it might have to be that way
we have even applied for jobs in different areas of canada which i didnt really wanna do but needs must and all that , lol x
I hope that you have plenty of cash if you are coming to canada with no job - it will evaporate quickly. if you have work in the UK I would stay there for now. Maybe activate your visa over the next 6 months and then go back home and wait til you have things sorted out.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, you mention Redseal, where are you heading?
Is he an engineer?
Theres lots of jobs where I am that dont require red seal immediately.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:17 pm

yes he is an engineer hun, x