Favourite Mug

Old Feb 17th 2016, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Mug

I have a set of older type Bodum Bistro white porcelain mugs with the wide rim. They are 'just right'. They don't make that style any more.

They are my favourite, apart from a free one that came from Boss Highlighters that says 'I am The Boss'.

Mrs. Withabix is one of these confounded people who uses the same mug for tea for several days at a time without washing it out
Old Feb 17th 2016, 11:16 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Dunno, can't tell from the wrapper. They are sort of reddish but they come into their own when you do bite. Then you can understand where the explosion comes from.
Certainly no fruit explosion sadly- Not bad- quite "branny"-- not unpleasant for a Tim Hortons- I am waiting for the allergy to kick in though!
Old Feb 17th 2016, 1:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The colour is actually disa purple, the color of the DISA.

I like the braggadocio of the message in combination with the poorly formed and slightly misplaced letters. DISA, of course, brings you the software controlling America's Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Mug-disa.jpg  
Old Feb 18th 2016, 1:21 am
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I've had one of these for pushing 20 years- it was an xmas present from a flatty.

I had a Tim Hortons mug I was stunned to pick up in a supermarket in Botswana; that was confiscated by Nigerian customs when I left there. Part of the negotiation was keeping my wallace & gromit mug and my Gillespies Scottish Stout pint glass.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite mug is one I borrowed at work any years ago. Didn't realise the owner was in that day. She was not happy. I'm not really sure why, it's not like I have that many contagious diseases. I have been searching ever since for the perfect thin china one, with a nice sharp edge.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:12 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a few favourite mugs that go with the time of day I'm using them. There's the breakfast mug and the tea time mug. Well actually that's it - the other mugs are all interchangeable and get used whenever.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:16 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I have a few favourite mugs that go with the time of day I'm using them. There's the breakfast mug and the tea time mug. Well actually that's it - the other mugs are all interchangeable and get used whenever.
So can you drink coffee in the tea time mug?
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:19 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
So can you drink coffee in the tea time mug?
I could, but after tea I generally prefer a cup of tea in front of the news. Preferably with a slice of cake or a biscuit.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:21 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...-L._SX300_.jpg

I've had one of these for pushing 20 years- it was an xmas present from a flatty.

I had a Tim Hortons mug I was stunned to pick up in a supermarket in Botswana; that was confiscated by Nigerian customs when I left there. Part of the negotiation was keeping my wallace & gromit mug and my Gillespies Scottish Stout pint glass.
I'm loving that one
I would mind the one I found on eBay- Limited edition PG Tips Grommit mug with "thermo nose"
I'm not sure that I would drink out of a second hand mug from eBay but it is pretty special
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Mug-image.jpg  
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:10 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
As the actress said to the Bishop.
I made it smaller
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:21 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by bats
I made it smaller
I quite liked the grande grande bathing mug but the smaller one shows the design better- you can't beat a bit of CRM- a lot more cultured than our WAG
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is a porcelain one from Harrods. It's the only thing I bought (other than the "Mind the Gap" thong for my niece) when I was in the UK. It's a perfect size for a cup of tea.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:41 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Mine is a porcelain one from Harrods. It's the only thing I bought (other than the "Mind the Gap" thong for my niece) when I was in the UK. It's a perfect size for a cup of tea.
What, the thong?
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:42 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What, the thong?
Old Feb 19th 2016, 6:50 am
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

What, the thong?
Perfect for dunking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.