Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Fav Canadian bands/singers?

Fav Canadian bands/singers?

Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

canuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud of
Default Fav Canadian bands/singers?

Just wondering what Canadian bands y'all like.

My two alll time favs are Tragically Hip (just saw then live here-awesome!!!) and Blue Rodeo.Love Jann Arden and Sarah McLaughlan as well.

Least fav -Celine Dion :curse:

Canadian music rocks!!!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:29 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all
Default Re: Fav Canadian bands/singers?

Canadian music makes me melt...

Arcade Fire: Fave band bar none - their last London gig was out of this world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8QYnxIjHWg
http://www.myspace.com/arcadefireofficial
http://www.neonbible.com

Metric/Emily Haines - they're on tour over there soon it seems.
http://www.ilovemetric.com

Broken Social Scene
http://www.last.fm/music/Broken+Soci...Cause+%3D+Time

All those Canadian govt. arts grants are coming good.

nb. I read Celine Dion' described as sounding like a fatally wounded dolphin recently. Have to agree.

Last edited by windward; Mar 24th 2007 at 11:32 pm. Reason: Emphatically second the Dion comment.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

canuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud ofcanuckgirl has much to be proud of

Just bought Arcade Fire and like them too.
I hear a group called Orson are big in the UK.Need to check them out.
I am in my late 40's and kinda stuck on music from the 70's etc for the most part. I am going to check out those groups you mentioned.

I am so proud of Canadian music-I don't know why but I am!

Great description of Celine.
Somebody somewhere loves her though.

Nellie Furtado went to school about a mile from my house. Victoria just had Nellie Furtado Day. She seems to be very nice and pretty grounded.
Not a huge fan of her music but the young girls (13-16) here sure are.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:56 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Bare naked ladies for me , and the wife's a big Bryan Adams fan.

Danny
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

The Tea Party...long time favourite.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

yatyat is an unknown quantity at this point

michael buble, barenaked ladies, jane arden, the be good tanias, wild strawberries - they are kind of fading away tho
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

SarahBella is an unknown quantity at this point

Now who doesn't love the Barenaked Ladies?

Ooh, and Billy Talent Not too sure who else is out and "new" in the music scene in Canada, I think I've been away from home for far too long! :P
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

OnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to all

Love the BNL too - also love Crash Test Dummies, Great Big Sea (saw them in a pub in Stockwell a few years back and it was a fab gig) Tragically Hip

Showing my age but I recently downloaded some golden oldies onto the Ipod .... BTO, Burton Cummings, Corey Hart

Off to check the Arcade Fire link..thanks
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Buddy Wassissname and the Other Fellas, Stomping Tom Connors, Anne Murray.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

SarahBella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
I can't believe I forgot about Stompin' Tom! All these memories rushed back when I read that, my Dad used to listen to it when I was a kid... the P.E.I Potato song! haha :P
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahBella
I can't believe I forgot about Stompin' Tom!
He still gets played a lot especially "The Good Old Ice Hockey Game". I think that and "Sudbury Saturday Night" capture the essence of life in Canada.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:35 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

our lady peace, the tragically hip, death cab for cutie

Emma
Old Mar 25th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Stomping Tom Connors, he's the one what lives in Erin ain't he? We've been looking at that place today on the interweb lol.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 3:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by steve666
Stomping Tom Connors, he's the one what lives in Erin ain't he? We've been looking at that place today on the interweb lol.
I didn't know it before but, yes, it seems he does live in Erin. I can't really imagine him show jumping so I guess he must be a foxhunter.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:25 pm
Banned

j4cksparrow will become famous soon enoughj4cksparrow will become famous soon enough

No one has mentioned April Lavigne yet, why so? There is also g-lightfoot, music to slash your wrist to Shania doesn't count, as she just reels out pop pap really, and is now enjoying the moolah she made in Switzerland with the likes of phil collins and tina turner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.