Fair representation

Old Oct 14th 2011, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fair representation

I read this article online a few moments ago: Fair representation for Alberta, B.C. and Ontario

I don't understand this part of the article:

"The New Democratic Party, the Liberals and the Bloc Quebecois have all argued that Quebec should get special consideration in the seat redistribution."

If one assumes that the number of seats allocated to a Province/Territory is roughly proportional to the number of voters living in the Province/Territory, why should Quebec get special consideration?

While I accept this is political to a limited extent, I would prefer to keep party politics out of this.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fair representation

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
why should Quebec get special consideration?
Lots of seats for the party that supports "Quebec is special."
Old Oct 15th 2011, 4:51 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

They shouldn't get special consideration.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 2:08 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
They shouldn't get special consideration.
Agreed. They should get fair representation, like all the provinces. But I was more interested in that the Calgary Herald seems to read the Globe and Mail before writing an article.

Why is that?