Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

fabric conditioner - sensitive skin?

fabric conditioner - sensitive skin?

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:25 pm
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough
Default fabric conditioner - sensitive skin?

hope someone can help! we used to use fairy non bio powder and conditioner in scotland. anyone got any tips on gentle conditioner we can use in calgary? hubby and daughter have sensitive skin which itches easily!
hopefully the conditioner will help reduce the static too!

cheers!
m
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:43 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fabric conditioner - sensitive skin?

Did a couple of searches but came up with nothing. Then I did a search for ...fabric softener natural...A lot of over the counter products came up but also you will see that a lot of sites mention using white vinagar. I know Sears staff here always tell customers not to use regular fabric conditioner on towels, but to add half a cup of vinegar to the final rinse. Have a browse as there are too many to put on here. Goodness knows if you will be able to get them in Alberta anyway.

I've also seen those blue balls advertised - you put them in the dryer but I don't know how or if they work!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

susie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura about

we have found nothing like fairy ,so everyone who comes to visit has to bring me a supply, or they cant come :curse:.now have almost a years supply in the basement . this is of no help to you . sorry
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest has very sensitive skin and eczema - I use dryer balls rather than fabric softener as every one I have tried irritates her skin.

Not noticed an increase in static, but then we tend to wear natural fibres rather than synthetic ones where possible anyway

As far as laundry detergent goes, I buy a natural/eco friendly one from Costco that seems to be very gentle on the skin - probably because it isn't loaded with artificial fragrances
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:33 am
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough

thanks all.

chookie - what's the Costco detergent called?
and how do the dryer balls work?!
i've seen them in stores, but not sure about them!

m
:-)
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mzp
thanks all.

chookie - what's the Costco detergent called?
and how do the dryer balls work?!
i've seen them in stores, but not sure about them!

m
:-)
It is called "Eco" or something very similar to that... in a clear/white bottle with a blue lable (sorry can't be bothered to go to the laundry room to check!)

The dryer balls are lumpy, bumpy balls about the size of a tennis ball. You put 2 of them in the dryer with your laundry and they clatter and bang about, literally beating the shit out of the clothes, and that is what softens them.

I get dry fluffy towels even without softener.