F*****g dog

Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:20 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Angry F*****g dog

Anyone got any ideas on how to stop dogs chewing things?

I know he's only 7 months old, and we've got really good at putting everything away after we've used it (rakes, spades, hoses (after 3 were eaten), and anything else you use in the yard).

Bout 5 mins ago I went for a nice stroll round the garden - got bored and decided to jump on the quad for a blast.

Looked at the left hand grip and its bloody well not there anymore daft little b****d ate the whole thing (and it had the supercool grip warmers which should cost a pretty penny to replace).

Needless to say oh will be less than amused when he gets home and the idiot dog is currently hiding out somewhere in the yard.

Any tips before he eats the car?
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: F*****g dog

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

I know he's only 7 months old, and we've got really good at putting everything away after we've used it (rakes, spades, hoses (after 3 were eaten), and anything else you use in the yard).

Bout 5 mins ago I went for a nice stroll round the garden - got bored and decided to jump on the quad for a blast.

Looked at the left hand grip and its bloody well not there anymore daft little b****d ate the whole thing (and it had the supercool grip warmers which should cost a pretty penny to replace).

Needless to say oh will be less than amused when he gets home and the idiot dog is currently hiding out somewhere in the yard.

Lord knows really. Does he have stuff he's allowed to chew? Probably ignores that though.

Good luck with that!
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:34 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

he has loads of things to chew - he knocked down the wood pile the other day trying to get hold of a particularly tasty (I would presume) piece of wood right off the top (which I now have to restack ), a training dumbell type aid which looks more like a luminous orange dildo, and a wide range of furry toys (which are more like pieces of muddy cloth now).

He chews the cats too (they have gotten used to him putting their heads in his mouth) loves to chase the cows (til they kick him but he doesn't learn ) and swims in the water trough.

If he was bored or lonely I could believe it but he has so much (and us) to keep him entertained, it's not that.

I do love him but am seriously considering duck taping his mouth together.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:36 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

he has loads of things to chew - he knocked down the wood pile the other day trying to get hold of a particularly tasty (I would presume) piece of wood right off the top (which I now have to restack ), a training dumbell type aid which looks more like a luminous orange dildo, and a wide range of furry toys (which are more like pieces of muddy cloth now).

He chews the cats too (they have gotten used to him putting their heads in his mouth) loves to chase the cows (til they kick him but he doesn't learn ) and swims in the water trough.

If he was bored or lonely I could believe it but he has so much (and us) to keep him entertained, it's not that.

I do love him but am seriously considering duck taping his mouth together.
I'm guessing hes a puppy? just muzzle him for a bit...doesnt hurt them...and a good smack if you catch him chewing...and try and keep your good stuff put away...

Find him a good chewing object, rawhide etc...

My dog still likes to eat (yes eat) golf balls and sidewalk chalk...at least I know where he's pooping
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

We always kept dogs when I lived at home, when we came home one day to find our adorable newest puppy had chewed the windowsills off in the conservatory my mom was far from happy. She had toys and yummy bones and yet she chose the windowsills, she was by far the worst we had for chewing. She was banished to the garden when we weren't home and mom sprayed everything she could get her eager little teeth into with vinegar and rubbing alcohol and put pepper on the plant pots to stop her digging in them. Seemed to work pretty well though it was a little pungent out there for a while. Good luck!
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:38 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You should rub his nose in it when he does it again.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:41 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The splintered log?
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Rub his nose in what?
Sawdust making harpy

he's not chewing sh1t
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:02 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he's teething. Try rubbing some brandy on his gums.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:16 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Maybe he's teething. Try rubbing some brandy on his gums.
They sell those elctric shock collars at Wally World for $175. Though they ony work if you catch em in the act.

I have bonjela.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:19 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

He's still a pup and is likely teething.

It should stop at 9-10 months, if not then you're going to try to train him out it. Although it wouldn't hurt to start now.

Not sure if this will help or not. http://dogobedienceadvice.com/how_st...om_chewing.php
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

What breed is he? Is he left alone for long periods?
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

They sell those elctric shock collars at Wally World for $175. Though they ony work if you catch em in the act.

I have bonjela.
A water pistol would be kinder
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:25 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
What breed is he? Is he left alone for long periods?
He's a field bred English springer (cue cute picture of the idiot in question)

Not really left alone - he's an outside dog with everything he could wish for, and as I said we spend most of the time outdoors with him so it's not that.

He's probably just being a puppy (and I was joking about the collar!!!!) but it riles me to replace everything a million times just because he can't keep his trap shut
Attached Thumbnails F*****g dog-069.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.