Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Expats - How do you find Trudeau and heavy left wing laws?

Old Jan 6th 2019, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats - How do you find Trudeau and heavy left wing laws?

Originally Posted by Addzz120
Even the UK bans returning ISIS fighters.

Clearly the UK doesn't ban them - see link!

Even the UK bans returning ISIS fighters. I don’t like the idea of potentially walking past someone in Toronto who’s killed people, children, raped and beheaded.

Any thoughts on this?
In that case, you need to get out of the UK fast - 400 ISIS fighters re-admitted to the UK - holy smokes! It's in the Mirror so it must be true!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...h-isis-9010088

You asked for opinions, mine is that one shouldn't take everything reported at face value based on headlines.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Addzz120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theotherlebowski
"Trump isn’t affecting parents lives" unless they're Mexican or too poor to afford health insurance.
"arresting people for pronoun misuse" maybe not but, How President Trump Has Affected LGBTQ RIghts Time
"diminishing free speech". what do you call attacking the press and calling them the enemy of america.

You really do need to stop reading EDL monthly and try some other news outlets...
Citizens lives, Trump IS affecting illegals lives and rightly so. It’s not correct to suggest he’s affecting all Mexicans lives, he’s stated this numerous time too.. Obamacare is good for some and others have faced unaffordable premiums, it depends on your circumstances.

Attacking the press is his right to free speech, he’s not attacking their free speech, they’re free to write and say what they want whenever they want. No one has stopped anyone from their reporting, he’s entitled to criticise those who write about him. If he stopped them doing it then it’s an attack on free speech. Criticism doesn’t constitute a violation of free speech.

Yeh I don’t read information about the EDL thanks, and suggesting I should read alternative unbiased news then linking a left leaning news source is a little hypocritical. I follow every British newspaper on Facebook with varied political leanings. The only ones I don’t follow are the trash talk papers that advertise filth. The daily star for example.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick

Clearly the UK doesn't ban them - see link!

In that case, you need to get out of the UK fast - 400 ISIS fighters re-admitted to the UK - holy smokes! It's in the Mirror so it must be true!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...h-isis-9010088

You asked for opinions, mine is that one shouldn't take everything reported at face value based on headlines.
We do remove their citizenship, on average two a week are removed by the government. It’s only very recent we’ve done it as it became apparent in 2016 we weren’t tracking who was doing what abroad and then returning. Only 14 or so were revoked in 2016. However this and the stories aren’t the point. The point is, one government allowing it the other (as a minimum) atleast trying to stop it. That’s the issue, not debatable news articles.

By the way the news station that announced this quoted trudeau on their right to return to Canada, so the political bias means nothing when it’s come from his own mouth.

Old Jan 6th 2019, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Citizens lives, Trump IS affecting illegals lives and rightly so. It’s not correct to suggest he’s affecting all Mexicans lives, he’s stated this numerous time too.. Obamacare is good for some and others have faced unaffordable premiums, it depends on your circumstances.

Attacking the press is his right to free speech, he’s not attacking their free speech, they’re free to write and say what they want whenever they want. No one has stopped anyone from their reporting, he’s entitled to criticise those who write about him. If he stopped them doing it then it’s an attack on free speech. Criticism doesn’t constitute a violation of free speech.

Yeh I don’t read information about the EDL thanks, and suggesting I should read alternative unbiased news then linking a left leaning news source is a little hypocritical. I follow every British newspaper on Facebook with varied political leanings. The only ones I don’t follow are the trash talk papers that advertise filth. The daily star for example.

so now we know where you stand!

Trumpoid is far from being an innocent, he has labelled journalists as evil, and called for them to be beaten up or even killed in speeches at campaign rallies.

Guess what .......... journalists have been killed in the US by a Trumpoid supporter, 5 of them at once.

For many years, the US welcomed immigrants from all over ........... there is the famous poem on the Statue of Liberty that starts " Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free ........... "

Trump is the first President to make it obvious that no immigrant except wealthy need apply. His actions have led to the deaths of at least 2 children, and the separation of thousands fo children from their parents for weeks and months at a time. The authorities did not keep any records of children separated or of their parents, so it has been a humungous task to try to get them together again.

The fact is that the US is just realising what it means to be the conqueror of the world, just as Britain was in the days of colonizing everywhere .......... just look at old maps, see the amount of red indicating British colonies, then look at what has happened to those areas since. The same is happening to the areas where the US tried to impose their standard of law.

Trump had absolutely no prior political experience, and is running the US as if it was one of his own private businesses, except that government and diplomatic relations don't work that way.

Trudeau at least was raised in a political family, was elected to Parliament in 2008, became Leader of the Liberal Party in 2013, and then won the General Election in 2015, so you can hardly say that he had no political experience before assuming the top political position in the country.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 11:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

i just found some of the responses odd, is it a sensitive non PC topic?
No...it's just nonsense in the same way the reverse examples highlighted are.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scilly
so now we know where you stand!

Trumpoid is far from being an innocent, he has labelled journalists as evil, and called for them to be beaten up or even killed in speeches at campaign rallies.

Guess what .......... journalists have been killed in the US by a Trumpoid supporter, 5 of them at once.

For many years, the US welcomed immigrants from all over ........... there is the famous poem on the Statue of Liberty that starts " Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free ........... "

Trump is the first President to make it obvious that no immigrant except wealthy need apply. His actions have led to the deaths of at least 2 children, and the separation of thousands fo children from their parents for weeks and months at a time. The authorities did not keep any records of children separated or of their parents, so it has been a humungous task to try to get them together again.

The fact is that the US is just realising what it means to be the conqueror of the world, just as Britain was in the days of colonizing everywhere .......... just look at old maps, see the amount of red indicating British colonies, then look at what has happened to those areas since. The same is happening to the areas where the US tried to impose their standard of law.

Trump had absolutely no prior political experience, and is running the US as if it was one of his own private businesses, except that government and diplomatic relations don't work that way.

Trudeau at least was raised in a political family, was elected to Parliament in 2008, became Leader of the Liberal Party in 2013, and then won the General Election in 2015, so you can hardly say that he had no political experience before assuming the top political position in the country.
No that’s simply not true. I’ve seen a lot of his rallies and Hillary’s, he hasn’t called for journalists to be killed. The only one I can remember in reference to journalist violence was when someone body slammed a reporter for the guardian. Trump then said “a guy that can body slam, he’s my kind of kind of guy”. That’s a long way off from inciting violence or encouraging violence and he mad no reference to doing it to anyone let alone a member of the press. If you can quote me on where he said he wants journalists killed I’m interested.

And? Democrats have used guns on republicans? It’s gone both ways. Speaking of which you’re in no position to talk of politics violence if you support the democrats. Democrats have spent the last two years protesting, destroying cities, firebombing universities and attacking Trump supporters with their military arm ANTIFA. Democrat violence has been far superior to conservative violence if you compare what conservatives did (or lack of) when they lost the election.

I disagree again, he’s stated numerous time productive members of any country can come to the US, there’s no blanket ban that supports only rich people, where are you getting this from? It’s been impossible for most people from the west to emigrate to the US just as it is now. You need to start a business there, marry a US citizen or have a very impressive job.....none of that is specific to excluding race or any other aspect.

Kids have been in detention centres since Obama where were you then? Trumpsigned an executive order to end it but you still attack him for it? I find that astonishing and evidence there’s not a shred of middle ground for you here. Two have died in custody who were already dying, I’ve read the stories you’ve partially read. The US Government was NOT responsible just because they happened to die when they got to the US.

i never said Trudeau didn’t have the skills or experience? Anyway if you can cite examples for you opinion I will listen. I see things for how they are not what I want to be true. Trump’s handshake makes global news, I’m sure death threats to journalists would have been something I’ve come across.

You say “this is where I stand” it isn’t, I both neither left or right, I don’t vote. The left in the US has pushed too many sociallly accepted rules and it went to far. You must say this, you can’t say this, you must not wear an offensive shirt, you must not criticise Islam, you must not be against open borders or men going into women’s bathrooms, or kids being made to make adult decisions, censoring conservatives at college or diminishing free speech. The left doesn’t have a monopoly on “how they can tell people to be”, now it’s made a bigger mess because they have trump who’s the reaction to extremist social views. If the far left make a push the far right drives back, it’s just how it is so....my opinion is, stop pushing one’s agenda so hard and this mess won’t exist in the first place.

i did come here to discuss Trudeau and his policies, so far no one’s made more than half an effort.

Old Jan 6th 2019, 11:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

i did come here to discuss Trudeau and his policies, so far no one’s made more than half an effort.
No you didn't.

It's very clear from your lengthy replies that you've already made up your mind. That's fine, everyone can do that. But to ask a question, seemingly in innocence, and have that many words as a reply so quickly? Not a chance.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW ........... I'm in Canada, I support neither the Democrats nor the Republicans, although I was impressed by Obama and detest Trump.

I've lived in Canada for a long time, and think I have a pretty good idea of Canadian politics.

Just as a matter of interest ........... I would not dream of commenting on UK politics as I have been out of the country for far too long, and we really hear very little about what is going on over there. But we do hear much about the American scene from all media sources, right, left and somewhere in the middle, Canadian and American.

I will listen to your views on Canadian politics after you have lived over here for several years. Until then, I see you being a know-it-all from the internet and trying to stir up some sort of reaction.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

I asked for opinions and everyone is being oddly evasive or sarcastic.
no one has yet stated the claims I mentioned were false.
My comment wasn't intended to be sarcastic - in an environment where there is so much information (some accurate and some not) the only way to work out exactly what is true is to read as much as you can and identify which sources are likely to be accurate and which sensationalised.

Your original question was how do we find living with these laws, I think the responses show that they are considered a non issue, which answers your question.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
No you didn't.

It's very clear from your lengthy replies that you've already made up your mind. That's fine, everyone can do that. But to ask a question, seemingly in innocence, and have that many words as a reply so quickly? Not a chance.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

No you didn't, you came here to use the forum to spout your own ideas as fact, clumsily trying to make it appear that you are genuinely seeking others' experience and knowledge. When you get the counter argument you obviously expect and are looking for, you spit the dummy. We've seen it all before zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Even the title is misleading ,......... deliberately???

You say later that you did not intend to link the two together, but that is very obviously what you have done. To cause trouble at t'mill????

Anyone who knows anything about the Canadian Liberal Party will know that it is very slightly to the left of centre, but really acts as a centrist party. Even the NDP is not very far to the left, and nowhere near as leftist as the UK Labour Party!
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:29 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

The left doesn’t have a monopoly on “how they can tell people to be”

Neither does the right
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:29 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Trudeau dances as well as AOC. Canada needs someone like her.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 1:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't think Trudeau dances as well as AOC. Canada needs someone like her.
Definitely I love her moves and her attitude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.