Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Ever wonder what people do for a living in the fancy houses?

Ever wonder what people do for a living in the fancy houses?

Old Nov 21st 2020, 3:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever wonder what people do for a living in the fancy houses?

Originally Posted by Rete
Thank you everyone. The biopsy has been performed and the results will be here next week. They removed all the fluid from her lungs and she is on oxygen but still her lungs will not inflate fully. Will let you know when I do.

Hugs to you and your daughter and all the family x
Hang in there Rete. Your BE friends are here for you always
Old Nov 21st 2020, 3:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Security doesn't work in an apartment block even if there is a locked front door, and an intercom.

Someone wanting in just needs to hit a few numbers and they'll find a person who will be daft enough to open the door for them. Then they can get anywhere in the building.

Been there, lived in a block like that.

Plus ................ if your apartment door has an eye level peep-hole so you can see who is knocking on the door ............... that person outside can often see through into the apartment.

We once lived in an apartment that had a peep-hole like that, the bedroom door was right opposite the front door at the end of a short corridor. Another tenant told me about the problem, and added that the manager's husband sometimes looked through to see what was happening.

I didn't believe her, but did look through the peep hole myself, and yes it would be possible to see into the bedroom, just about, but not clearly .............. but you would certainly be able to see people moving from the bedroom into the bathroom or living area.

Yes apartment and condo security is mostly a facade to make some feel safe. There are just too many people coming and going each day from such buildings to really know who is coming and going. I don't know who lives in our building, if I see someone in a hall or elevator unless they are doing something very obviously wrong, I wouldn't know if they live here or not, add in that people move in and out every single month, someone living here this month, might not be next month etc etc.

You don't get privacy, security, or quiet when living in multi-family housing.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 12:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Security doesn't work in an apartment block even if there is a locked front door, and an intercom.

Someone wanting in just needs to hit a few numbers and they'll find a person who will be daft enough to open the door for them. Then they can get anywhere in the building..
I thought that was just in movieland or on TV.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 12:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Thank you everyone. The biopsy has been performed and the results will be here next week. They removed all the fluid from her lungs and she is on oxygen but still her lungs will not inflate fully. Will let you know when I do.
So sorry to hear this Rete. Thoughts are with you. x